Laughing City

How good/bad do you think the New Indiana Jones will be?
It will suck because George Lucas has lost it.
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
It will be awesome because Lucas isn't directing.
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
I'm staying on the fence until I've seen it.
58%
 58%  [ 20 ]
Who care about Indiana Jones.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 34

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I saw John Williams conduct the Boston Pops on Tuesday, they played some of the new Indiana Jones music. It was siiiiiiick.

P.S. if you don't know who John Williams is, you don't deserve an explaination :[

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

hisownshot wrote:
I saw John Williams conduct the Boston Pops on Tuesday, they played some of the new Indiana Jones music. It was siiiiiiick.

P.S. if you don't know who John Williams is, you don't deserve an explaination :[

i have the 4 CD box set of the original Star Wars trilogy scores.

i haven't bougth a full on orchestral movie soundtrack in a really really long time though. i think maybe Phantom Mentace, and that was really just because it came out before the movie and i was hyped.

i also have Jurassic Park's score (and the Lost World though i think i was disappointed with it). this reminds me - there is this 30 second or so section on one of the JP tracks that i really love that is not repeated at all again in the score. in dream world if i ever made a film that required mr williams services i'd ask him to base an entire score on that bit.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

i haven't bougth a full on orchestral movie soundtrack in a really really long time though. i think maybe Phantom Mentace, and that was really just because it came out before the movie and i was hyped.

The Phantom Menace soundtrack was worth buying just for "Duel of the Fates".

I've grown less impressed with John Williams over time... he keeps ripping himself off. During Raiders last night, I realized that the bit that played in the market in Cairo was really similar to the bit during the asteroid field chase in Empire Strikes Back. Confused

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
bigideas wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

The Phantom Menace soundtrack was worth buying just for "Duel of the Fates".

I've grown less impressed with John Williams over time... he keeps ripping himself off. During Raiders last night, I realized that the bit that played in the market in Cairo was really similar to the bit during the asteroid field chase in Empire Strikes Back. Confused

yeah, i can tell a J dub score pretty quickly.
that goes for just about any musical artists in any genre though.
i seem to remember being somewhat impressed with his jazz oriented score for The Terminal though. i love that opening credit sequence.
but dang, the man's responsible for:
jaws
et
star wars
indiana jones
superman
home alone
jurassic park
first few harry potters i think
pretty much every spielberg movie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:

where Shia was picking up Indy's hat as to foreshadow him taking over the franchise, but then just have Indy take the hat away from him as to say "LOL, J/K!"

Pretty sad when that is the highlight of the movie. Laughing I saw Ironman and Indiana Jones both on Saturday night. Loved Ironman. Was not impressed with Indiana Jones. And what was mentioned earlier in the thread about CGI, the computer generated stuff was boring. Been there, done that...
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:

where Shia was picking up Indy's hat as to foreshadow him taking over the franchise, but then just have Indy take the hat away from him as to say "LOL, J/K!"

Pretty sad when that is the highlight of the movie. Laughing I saw Ironman and Indiana Jones both on Saturday night. Loved Ironman. Was not impressed with Indiana Jones. And what was mentioned earlier in the thread about CGI, the computer generated stuff was boring. Been there, done that...

I didn't think that part was the highlight.

Iron Man was definitely better as a movie, but Indiana Jones is expected to have a certain level of absurd campy crap. There were parts that made me roll my eyes, but that also happened in Raiders and Last Crusade. (I haven't seen Temple of Doom because I'd rather not have my love for Indy spoiled.)

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
(I haven't seen Temple of Doom because I'd rather not have my love for Indy spoiled.)

You no like me?

-Short Round

(i just realized he was also Data in The Goonies)

i don't know that i've ever watched any of the 3 movies from beginning to end without commercial breaks, although i almost think i did see Last Crusade in the theater.

for good measure:

kulvir
Laughing Citizen

It looks like there is a group of people offended by Crystal Skull. Smile
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

kulvir wrote:
It looks like there is a group of people offended by Crystal Skull. Smile

Laughing Stupid Commies. Wink

Smokemonster
Paranoid Android v2.0
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:

I didn't think that part was the highlight.

Iron Man was definitely better as a movie, but Indiana Jones is expected to have a certain level of absurd campy crap. There were parts that made me roll my eyes, but that also happened in Raiders and Last Crusade. (I haven't seen Temple of Doom because I'd rather not have my love for Indy spoiled.)

Pffft. Temple of Doom is awesome.

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sings in the Morning
Sea Post King

bigideas wrote:
Saellys wrote:
(I haven't seen Temple of Doom because I'd rather not have my love for Indy spoiled.)

for good measure:

That is the highlight of my day. Thanks for that. Laughing

-----------------------------------------

God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.
--Jim Elliot

------------------------------------------

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
-- Helen Keller
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Temple of Doom is also the one with the rail cart things, right?

that part where they're outside on that ledge and the water comes out......sweet.

and the bugs and monkey brain soup........dang man.

baby snakes, baby.