Laughing City
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

Ok, so there has been grumbing and mumbling and other general signs of dissent and displeasure at the way Eisley has been pushed (or lack thereof) by the WB, but why didn't we ever think of this idea?

We should contact Eisley's publicist from the WB! I'm sure WB didn't think Eisley's fan base was a big enough group to merit further pushing but perhaps if we had made an effort to show some good ole support for the band by contacting WB, it might have spurred them into action. I mean, we've used the Laughing City for mass attacks on polls and such, why can't we have mass emails? Maybe some one with eloquence and music business know how can come up with some sort of a form letter that all the citizens could paste into an email and send to:

Publicist: Nikki.Herceg
Nikki.Herceg@wbr.com
Gabrielle.Allen@wbr.com

(these people are according to what Boyd has up on the business section of the Eisley website)

Maybe this is just naive thinking on my part, but who knows. Perhaps we can spur enough action from Warner Brothers for the next album (whenever that happens to come out) and Eisley can see the results it deserves!

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

rockchick1959 wrote:
Perhaps we can spur enough action from Warner Brothers for the next album (whenever that happens to come out) and Eisley can see the results it deserves!

actually, Sherri said in an interview, "our record label really wants us to go back into the studio and make another album after this tour is over (speaking of the Combinations Tour)."

not exactly those words, but those words are pretty dang close to what she said.

so i'd say that WB doesn't need a lot of pushing for them to go back into the studio.

but i still say that WB should be pushing for Eisley harder than they have been.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I think this is a pretty good idea. Here's my suggestion for a cut-and-paste fan onslaught letter.

Dear Ms. Herceg and Ms. Allen,

I'm a fan of Eisley, and I obtained your contact information through their website. I'm writing today to share my thoughts about the way Warner Brothers is handling the band.

Last August Eisley released Combinations, an album that deserved massive amounts of publicity and attention. It's been nearly a year since the album was released, and it seems like Eisley and Combinations just haven't gotten a lot of promotion in that time. There was talk of making a viral video for the first single, "Invasion," and then making a bigger-budget video that would be pushed to stations like MTV and Fuse. That second video never happened, and none of the other great songs on Combinations have been selected for singles.

In addition to singles and videos, other promotional avenues are open: new artists often get a spot on the search computers in music retailers like Barnes & Noble, for instance, and allowing stores to play Combinations over their PA systems is a simple an effective way to spread the word. One thing the band themselves would surely love (since they visit this particular business so frequently) is if copies of Combinations were sold in Starbucks. There are limitless opportunities for spreading the word about Eisley's fantastic music, and it's disheartening to see that they have to miss out on so many of them.

I've heard that WB is pushing Eisley to get back into the studio and record some more songs. That's great, but I don't want the door to close on Combinations before it's had a chance to reach as many new ears as possible.

I realize you are very busy promoting many artists, but I just wanted to express my concern about this issue and let you know that the fans really do care about Eisley's future in the music world, and we're watching closely. Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pumamina
Golly, Poster

Yeah I want to get more CDs but recordings expencive
and alot of record companies are having a hard time right now so they'd probly only want the big money makers in there...
So what we need to do is get then on the top priority list!!!

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

pumamina wrote:
and alot of record companies are having a hard time right now so they'd probly only want the big money makers in there...

Recording is not a problem. Warner Brothers is pushing Eisley to get back into the studio right away. The problem is that they haven't properly promoted Combinations yet. If WB handled Eisley like they were supposed to, they would be the big money makers.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I don't think everyone sending a form letter will accomplish anything, other than annoying them. If you want to send a heartfelt email, you'll have to write it yourself. Everyone signing off on the same email is too canned.

Saellys wrote:
pumamina wrote:

Recording is not a problem. Warner Brothers is pushing Eisley to get back into the studio right away. The problem is that they haven't properly promoted Combinations yet. If WB handled Eisley like they were supposed to, they would be the big money makers.

Seems record companies are looking for optimal profits and not taking chances, and in the end that is to everyone's detriment (including the label). Music sales are down across the board? Well, they will need to work it a little more then. Eisley is a brand that will need built over time. Same as 100 other bands sitting in the same boat on the label, wondering when their promotion is coming. I don't know what the answer is. It's really frustrating that the promotion hasn't grown as the music has.
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

my thoughtds on the subject...
sometimes it hapens, sometimes it doesn't. let the chips fall where thy may. who knows, too MUCH pushing may well push someone off the deep end. me? I'm fine with eisley not being rockstars or whatever, being huge names, and I'm pretty sure thay don't mind too much either. just let everything unfold. obsessively pursuing the subject probably won't help.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

vintage_snowflake wrote:
my thoughtds on the subject...
sometimes it hapens, sometimes it doesn't. let the chips fall where thy may. who knows, too MUCH pushing may well push someone off the deep end. me? I'm fine with eisley not being rockstars or whatever, being huge names, and I'm pretty sure thay don't mind too much either. just let everything unfold. obsessively pursuing the subject probably won't help.

There is nothing wrong with fans wanting to see Eisley get their due as soon as possible. They've been making music for ten years, and signed for half that time. If Warner Brothers appeared to be making any effort, I'd be more inclined to cut some slack.

I'm fine with Eisley not being huge names, but I want to see them make a living off their music and that won't happen unless WB pushes their albums.

Smokemonster
RockerChick
Sea Post King

Harassing people at work is not gonna solve any problems. These people answer to budgets and higher-ups that we have no way of dealing with. If WB doesn't see any merit in pushing a record, they wont do it. Getting 15-20 e-mails from radical fans will make them annoyed or entertained.
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

Not a good idea.

1. Publicists work as hard as they can; they're usually juggling a lot of work at one time, and telling them they haven't done enough to make a band more popular is going to piss them off, at the very least. Besides, that's just the label PR. That's not including online PR, or tour PR, or management PR.

2. Publicity for Combinations is most likely over. Publicists only work on active records; if a record isn't a big seller or spawns a great amount of publicity after 2-3 months, the label simply moves on. I recall Boyd saying something about their last tour being the final Combinations tour, which, if you think about it, came a LOT quicker than the end of touring for Room Noises.

3. If Eisley is no longer a "priority" with the label--which seems to be an undercurrent around here as of late--then writing to publicists won't solve anything. I remember a band that was signed to a major label about two years ago, and were given a promotions budget of 17K. That's a pauper's pittance, and it accounted for about a month. No wonder; the band was dropped about a month after its label released its debut, and the record sank like a stone.

4. I have a feeling that the band and the management have already said what you've been saying.

5. Labels like fans' money and they don't really care about anything else the fans have to say. If you send a form letter, the label is going to think, 'The band organized this,' and it may make the situation for the band even worse, as it would look like the band's unhappy and are using 'the fans' to manipulate things--and if things are tenuous at best, something like that might make things even moreso.

eisleyfan14203
Sea Post King

I personally would love for Eisley to become a big popular band but I sort of like where they are now. ok so I am condridicting my self, yea I know i want them to be famous but when they become mainstream or popular thats when you get all the groupies that know 1 song and call them selves number one fans... And then you get al the knock offs and sooner or later the band is done and out like washed up goods with no label supporting them after the buzz dies. I like Eisley where they are but I would love to see them prosper if thats what they want. I do have to say though...putting Eisley in starbucks WOULD SO ROCK MY WORLD HARDCORE!! haha and they do play them in Barnes and Noble cause here in lafayette Louisiana were everything is the "popular music" I hear Eisley over the PA system in B&N every few days or so.

follow me Smile
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

people like eisley small and obscure...but these guys are making a living as a band! they need some sort of income and the way to make money in the industry is to get big.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

crazeemunkeyz wrote:
people like eisley small and obscure...but these guys are making a living as a band! they need some sort of income and the way to make money in the industry is to get big.

Exactly. There's also a difference between "big" and "I will wind up dried up and empty like Britney," so I'm not terribly worried. It's big heads and hunger for more that usually get people in trouble. I don't expect that from the band. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

TheAntrider wrote:
crazeemunkeyz wrote:

Exactly. There's also a difference between "big" and "I will wind up dried up and empty like Britney," so I'm not terribly worried. It's big heads and hunger for more that usually get people in trouble. I don't expect that from the band. Smile

yeah i think that the band will be able to remain awesome if they ever hit the big leagues.
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

Music_Lover wrote:
rockchick1959 wrote:
Perhaps we can spur enough action from Warner Brothers for the next album (whenever that happens to come out) and Eisley can see the results it deserves!

actually, Sherri said in an interview, "our record label really wants us to go back into the studio and make another album after this tour is over (speaking of the Combinations Tour)."

not exactly those words, but those words are pretty dang close to what she said.

so i'd say that WB doesn't need a lot of pushing for them to go back into the studio.

but i still say that WB should be pushing for Eisley harder than they have been.

maybe i wasn't quite clear... i didn't mean push to make sure there is a next album (although that is quite vital in the future now that I think about it) I meant advertising push of the next album release.

also, I know this may have been a bad idea. I was just fishing for anything that might help the band by harnessing our fan power. I'm not saying I want Eisley to be Britney sized superstars (although if that's in the cards, it's in the cards). What I AM saying is that the band deserves support from both us and their label so they can survive and keep making music that we love. that's the bottom line.

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic