Laughing City
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

Ok, so Garron's apparently confused about facebook. Here are some tips for all you other people who just added as well...

To respond to wall comments, DO NOT write on your own wall. That's a common mistake that more newbies make. I even did so too. What you do is click on the "wall-to-wall" between you and the person you want to respond to and write on his wall from there. You can also go on their profile page (either by clicking their name/pic or searching their name) and write on the wall straight from there. But it's a lot faster and easier to go from the "wall-to-wall."

As for the applications, I usually just click ignore on them. You might be able to set your account to block application invites. Not sure how that works though...

Hope this helps. Just keep using fb and soon you'll know where everything is by heart! And if anyone else has other questions, I'd be happy to answer. I'm a facebook whore... College, it kinda does that to you...

redboots
Sea Post King

I'm trying to see how many application requests I can get... currently I'm at 285. Hahaha...
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops
Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

I've had a FaceBook for a while now...and just like Myspace no one I know uses it anymore. I only check mine maybe once a week.

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

redboots wrote:
I'm trying to see how many application requests I can get... currently I'm at 285. Hahaha...

If you had 285 applications on your page, I would hate to be your friend on Facebook.

redboots
Sea Post King

golly_sandra wrote:
redboots wrote:

If you had 285 applications on your page, I would hate to be your friend on Facebook.

Haha, no, I find more than 1 or 2 to be obnoxious. I just get all these random requests from people and decided to stop seeing what they were and just let them be...
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

DON'T add every random application request you get. If you pile them on, your page will run very slowly.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

post related /
did you notice the title of his blog was
"avril"
?

Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

Maybe he really likes Avril Lavigne...
norad
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
post related/ did you notice the title of his blog was "avril"?

He does like Avril Lawhatever.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
bigideas wrote:

i seem to remember an interview where the band talked about liking her first record. maybe it was sherri specifically. idk.

golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

bigideas wrote:
patrock wrote:
bigideas wrote:

i seem to remember an interview where the band talked about liking her first record. maybe it was sherri specifically. idk.

I remember one interview where he called her out for claiming to be mature, and then posing "topless" on a magazine cover.

yeh right dood you know that was awesome.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
norad
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
patrock wrote:
bigideas wrote:

That was in an interview I did with Garron.

Quote:
SYP - What music do Weston/Garron listen to, and are influenced by?

Garron - I listen to a lot of things, and some of them I would list as one of my “influences”, but really a lot of the things that I think influence me don’t really show through in my bass playing. But I have always been influenced a lot by the Beatles. But I also listen to a band called Kent (their album “Hagnesta Hill” is one of my top 5 favorite albums ever I think), Mew, Iron & Wine, Ben Folds, Avril (her first album), and Jeremy Enigk. Things like that…
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
bigideas wrote:
patrock wrote:
bigideas wrote:

That was in an interview I did with Garron.

Quote:
SYP - What music do Weston/Garron listen to, and are influenced by?

Garron - I listen to a lot of things, and some of them I would list as one of my “influences”, but really a lot of the things that I think influence me don’t really show through in my bass playing. But I have always been influenced a lot by the Beatles. But I also listen to a band called Kent (their album “Hagnesta Hill” is one of my top 5 favorite albums ever I think), Mew, Iron & Wine, Ben Folds, Avril (her first album), and Jeremy Enigk. Things like that…

well, there ya go then.
i'm pretty sure i saw it in an older interview, too. i was looking at old interviews for some reason not too long ago and came across it.

kathymunster
Golly, Poster

i just fb today becos my friend commented me on myspace demanding me to get one, that with the invitation from the DuPrees i decided to make one.
at first i was reluctant since i'm so used to myspace and facebook confused me. but its pretty good
and i HATE people who have applications
maybe not hate, but im getting annoyed having to scroll down forever to get to someones wall...

oh and i used to be obsessed with avril lavigne when her first record came out. that was back in like 5th or 6th grade
now i cant stand her.
not even the first record, i wonder why i liked her so much?
this was when i considered Good Charlotte to be my favorite band..ever

bleh

-Mae West
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

kathymunster wrote:

oh and i used to be obsessed with avril lavigne when her first record came out. that was back in like 5th or 6th grade
now i cant stand her.
not even the first record, i wonder why i liked her so much?
this was when i considered Good Charlotte to be my favorite band..ever

bleh

i hate Complicated.
for a while at work we had a set up where we had a radio on the adult pop station and for some reason, several years later Complicated started getting in their rotation. i would hear, "life's like this..." and die.