Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

First Order of Bizness:
New Studio Video blog - I am engrossed in the editing the first studio video called "Eis-Wood Sessions #1" to be included in a long series of entertaining clips for Record #3. While it should be done today or tomorrow, I am a bit hesitant to post it just yet since I might not be able to follow up with additional clips quickly. Why, you ask? Because! - I was only able to capture video from the first few sessions and the band is almost finished tracking these first three songs. I have little content to edit outside of what I have thrown into this first clip. Additionally, as I keep saying, we are recording these songs to get the ball rolling while the business part of this... the foundation... is being worked on. Once all that crap is in place, we will resume with the record and I will create the greatest content of all time for your Eis-Wood Sessions entertainment.

Anyway, maybe I'll post the video anyway... "you know - for the kids"; and quite possibly, i will create a false journal with a legit link to Laughing City - so we can do this again.

WISH LIST FOR EISLEY 2009
INFORMAL QUESTIONAIRE. ANSWER ANY OR ALL OR NONE.
We have big plans and obviously there is much going on behind the veil, but aside from specific details we can't talk about, we are interested in any and all feedback from the people who are the most important (uh... that'd be u). These questions are quite random. Answer any or none. Feel free to simply reply with a random thought or one wish. We'll leave this up and let it grow slowly. Jason and I... and no doubt, the band - will be reading every word. I for one, will be commenting/interacting as time allows. Thanks.

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.

Your response goes here
(use font color to code this and simply toss in this color so
I'll have uniform color-analogous response: #c9d577

What are your expectations for Eisley? Where have we not met expectations? Dream small. Dream big. No wrong answer. Talk to us.

Your response goes here

Where do you see this band going from here? What's left to accomplish? Is their job on earth done?

Your response goes here

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-A and would just get out there, re-create/emulate what's out there? - i.e. same moves, gestures, language... same lifestyle you see in other rock bands?

Your response goes here

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

Your response goes here

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? What about one-off shows? Where? A few big markets? (since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out) And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?

Your response goes here

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley to get out there and perform like always, w/o props and fanciful's? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level?

Your response goes here

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows? How many times a year would you really be able to see the band anyway with so many other favorite bands out there?

Your response goes here

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless or is this softer/organic presentation important to eisley's career? Perhaps the band just do more in-stores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version instead of trying to wax acoustic... (?)

Your response goes here

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

Your response goes here

How old are you? What percentage of your friends listen to or care about eisley? What about your siblings? Parents? Are you an influencer or are you influenced?

Your response goes here

Who are you listening to right now? Do you listen to some new bands because they're "blowing up"? Or does that make you shy away? How do you discover new bands? friends, myspace, facebook, youtube, on-line? Do you go buy the record or download from itunes? What bands do you think eisley should not tour with? (like bands you fear they would tour with... no wrong answer)

Your response goes here

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where is eisley NOT (on line)? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

Your response goes here

What about the streets? Do you think WB has done a good job w/ street teams and promoting the band? Do you think they pushed? Would it matter? Why isn't eisley bigger? What would make them bigger?

Your response goes here

Will you come see Eisley in 2009 or will you just get the music? How is the economy effecting your pocket book as it relates to supporting music? Do you think artists like eisley will get hurt in this new economy? Ideas for survival?

Your response goes here

What are we missing in merch? What do you want to see us sell? Where do you want us to sell it? - merch table at shows, on-line.... what about retail stores?

Your response goes here

What do you want to see in my lo-fi studio videos this time around?

Your response goes here

Thanks. bd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Last edited by boyd on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:16 am; edited 8 times in total
soupey
Sea Post King

Where do you see this band going from here? Is their job on earth done? What's left to do? (i know the answer but i want your response)

Keep making killer albums and touring.

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, their honesty and non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-ass and would just get out there, re-create the same moves, gestures, language, lifestyle that other bands live out/use?

I love the music, but they're my favorite because of the laid back, non-rock star attitude. The fact that Sherri replies to our Twilight hate and posts on her flickr, that they all post blog entries, that they're real people who aren't caught up in theirselves. If people wanted them to act like some other band, we'd like that band.

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?)

A good mix of intense stuff like ICBTFY or Over the Mountains, happy songs that you want to sing along to, and a minority of radio friendly songs. Those aren't what's important. What's most important is that the band does what they want, not what producers think people will like. We like Eisley how they are and how they want to be. We're happy with what they like, they don't need to change for us to like them.

And packaging? Personally, I love cardboard, fold out packages. There's so much cool stuff you can fit into that. (Like I don't know if any of you guys follow Tilly and the Wall, but their most recent album "O" has an interactive album cover. That's BA.)

Do you want them to get out on the road early or wait till this is about to hit the street? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? Since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out. Do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat?

I think they should give touring a break. I'd love to see another show ASAP, but I feel like they were just on the road! Everyone needs a break.

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, cameras, smoke, strobes... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley standing, performing? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level? What goes thru your head when you walk up to the club and you see Eisley's bus? Is it different than when you saw their van parked in front?

Smaller. I love the person feeling you get at their shows. Eisley's Philly show was my first concert ever, and seeing everyone just hanging around was the coolest thing.

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless? should the band just do more instores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version or purposely to there like we did before?

Acoustic stuff is always awsome, and if they play shows in music stores, they can definatly attract new fans.

Where is the industry going and how does this little band fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV? Major/Minor/Indie...? Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my highschool.... or i am emo. I have great rage. nobody understands me... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, want to lash out because but hate my parents and i don't want to ever work or contribute to society...

Indie-stream!

About me, I'm an indie-freak art geek. I love art, listening to music and making music.

How old are you? What percentage of your friends listen to or care about eisley? What about your siblings? Parents? Are you an influencer or are you influenced?

16. Very few of my friends like Eisley, most of them are metalheads and you know how they can be...But, my sister likes them thanks to me.

Who are you listening to right now? Do you listen to some new bands because they're "blowing up"? Or does that make you shy away? How do you discover new bands? friends, myspace, facebook, youtube, on-line? Do you go buy the record or download from itunes? What bands do you think eisley should not tour with? (like bands you fear they would tour with... no wrong answer)

Right now, Mates of State, Tilly and the Wall, Metric/Emily Haines mostly. I purposely seek out bands that are less known and shrink from more well known ones. I usually find new bands through Last.fm's recommendations. I wouldn't like Eisley to tour with any bands that are too heavy rock. I sorta thought the Myriad was waay too heavy for them for example.

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where are we NOT? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

I'm always checking last.fm and myspace for new stuff, and I think Eisley's doing pretty awsome online. Especially compared to other bands.

What about the streets? Do you think WB has done a good job w/ street teams and promoting the band? Do you think they pushed? Would it matter? Why isn't eisley bigger? What would make them bigger?

Eisley never gets promoted. I feel like they only get fans through word of mouth. I think Eisley's best bet is being in a TV show (again) or a movie.

Will you come see Eisley in 2009 or will you just get the music? How is the economy effecting your pocket book as it relates to supporting music? Do you think artists like eisley will get hurt in this new economy? Ideas for survival?

I can always make enough money for Eisley, and their show tickets are cheap enough other people can too.

What are we missing in merch? What do you want to see us sell? Where do you want us to sell it? - merch table at shows, on-line.... what about retail stores?

I want posters! And maybe stickers, like car stickers or bumper stickers.

:)

lace face
Sea Post King

I completley agree with soupey, except for the merch i want t shirts and hoodies online. Otherwise i have the exact same response. Especially Mates of State!!! Eisley and mates are my fav.
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.

A new recording of I Could Be There For You with the new intro. Please. iTunes release? I'll be able to die happy.

And to be less dramatic/needy, I think I just really want to see them come to Austin again, but if you tour, I'm sure that will happen.

I would love to see a hard copy release of some of the older songs or B-sides that won't make it anywhere else. Maybe a limited print so that it is ultimately not a waste of money, and when that sells out you could make more? An iTunes release would also do nicely, although everyone seems to prefer the actual hard copies better.

What are your expectations for Eisley? Dream big. Dream small. No wrong answer. Anything goes. Talk to us.

I expect them to push harder for singles. It seems like Combinations just died. Invasion was a single, and then it seemed to go nowhere.

Where do you see this band going from here? Is their job on earth done? What's left to do? (i know the answer but i want your response)

Maybe this doesn't fit here, but I would love to see the band expand musically more. I might have worded that wrong. To clarify, I would love more use of different instruments (i.e. the marxophone). Anyone know how to play the violin? I always thought that would be a terrific instrument to accompany the girls' voices. And push Chauntelle to sing more! Maybe not whole songs if that makes her uncomfortable, but I've yet to find someone who doesn't love her voice.

And for something left to do, you all haven't done any duets or guest vocals. I mean in your songs, not others. God knows the girls have shown up in other bands' music. Maybe get a guy to sing with them? *coughChrisMartincough*

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, their honesty and non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-ass and would just get out there, re-create the same moves, gestures, language, lifestyle that other bands live out/use?

I like Eisley because they are different, creative, fresh. You listen to Combinations, and there is a whole slew of different styles on there. But they all fit with one another. On that note, I would love some more Taking Control, pop-esque hit-sounding songs. Aside from it just being a wonderful song, I think the sound is a bit mainstream-y (not in a bad way), and if made a single, it could have brought in more new fans.

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?)

For Record #3, I would love a longer CD and some longer songs. Combinations, while it was wonderful, was extremely short with no song breaking 4 minutes. Maybe attempt some longer, more epic songs? See above for other things I'd love to see (guest vocals, new instruments, etc.).

As far as packaging...Cinematic Sunrise's album came with a coloring book. I think you all could release a special edition with a coloring book made by Sherri.

Do you want them to get out on the road early or wait till this is about to hit the street? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? Since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out. Do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat?

I would love another Acoustic tour beforehand. That was magnificent. Maybe an acoustic store that ends by Record #3's release date, and then a month or two later you could go on a bigger non-acoustic tour? Might be too much touring at once, but I think it would be effective. Try and get Vedera again. Amazing combination.

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, cameras, smoke, strobes... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley standing, performing? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level? What goes thru your head when you walk up to the club and you see Eisley's bus? Is it different than when you saw their van parked in front?

As much as I love flash (and as a theater person, I do), I think flash would detract from Eisley's shows. That being said, a nice backdrop and some added lights wouldn't kill the mood. Smoke and strobes and the like might be a bit over the top for them though.

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows?

I loved the acoustic tour, and I loved the Combinations tour. I just think they were too far apart. I can't remember if y'all did anything in between. I would stick to headlining your own shows, although opening for one big act in between or right afterward wouldn't hurt. Just make sure it fits.

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless? should the band just do more instores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version or purposely to there like we did before?

Oh wow, I already answered this. Definitely a big yes to more acoustic tours. Acoustic tour, album release, full tour is the way to go I think.

Where is the industry going and how does this little band fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV? Major/Minor/Indie...? Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my highschool.... or i am emo. I have great rage. nobody understands me... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, want to lash out because but hate my parents and i don't want to ever work or contribute to society... Smile

I am emo. I have great rage. Nobody understands me. Haha. Sometimes. And at the same time, my iTunes library is more diverse in taste than most people I know. I would love to hear Eisley on the radio. I think Eisley could write a more mainstream sounding song (Taking Control, for example) without losing their Eisleyness. It wouldn't be selling out or anything.

I am 20. My friend found Eisley through MySpace before Room Noises came out. I've seen them 6 times since, and I've taken upwards of 10 people to shows. I've given even more people their CDs, both bought and burned (sorry, sometimes I'm poor). A surprising amount of my friends have heard of them, many people who I have expected not to, but they haven't actually heard their music. Let's just say I've fixed that.

I am listening to Ten Cent Blues at the moment, haha. My bands of choice lately have been Keane (new record soon, very excited!!), Search the City, and Chiodos. Anyone who "shies away" from a band just because they're getting fame or recognition is stuck up and snobby in my opinion. They're bands, not personal possessions. Anyone who criticizes a band for wanting to make money is just selfish. Anyway, I find a lot of bands by looking around iTunes, and if I hear a song I like, I google the lyrics and then look into it a bit more. I think Eisley should not tour with any more pop-punk/rock-ish bands.

I think WB has done a crap job with promotion.

I would buy as many albums and songs as are released, and I will come to as many shows as I can.

You need an online store.

alinicole
Sea Post King

Hmm... for festivals I think SXSW and Austin City Limits would be cool. I didn't go to those this year but if Eisley had been at one of them I definitely would've made more of an effort to be there. As for bands, just none that don't make sense. I'd pull for A Fine Frenzy because her music is great and I think a lot of fans that go to see her at the shows would leave as eisley fans also. But maybe I'm just suggesting that because I'm a big fan... yeah, probably that reason. Haha.

What are your expectations for Eisley? Dream big. Dream small. No wrong answer. Anything goes. Talk to us.

I want them to stay themselves, no conforming to what the current "popular" bands/artists are like (God forbid). I'd be happy to see their fanbase grow a lot but not because of a style change or anything. I like the band how they are but definitely feel they deserve more attention.

When asked what one of my favorite bands is and replying with Eisley, I'd like to hear "I love them, too!" instead of "Who?" or "What do they sound like?". In other words, I think they definitely still need to "break through" if you will and get the attention their music deserves. How this will come about I'm not really sure, but I still believe it will happen.

The first option, of course. The latter is exactly what I would NOT like to happen.

I honestly loved both records. However, I'd be lying if I said I was glad they got rid of all of the fantasy lyrics. I understand that they've grown up and don't want to write that sort of music anymore, and that's fine because I wouldn't want them to write songs like that if they don't want to. I want them to make the music they feel like making. But really that's the only reason I liked Room Noises more is because of its fantasy vibe. I'm very sure that whatever music Eisley makes, as long as its still them... whether that be writing about dragons or writing about more adult topics, I will enjoy it. As for packaging I don't really care either way, I'll be buying it anyway of course.

I could be selfish and say I want them to tour all the time but I think it would be best to wait a bit maybe. I don't expect to see them live again (minus the Seattle concert) this year. I think next spring would be good. Or if you all think it'd be better to wait until the album is about to hit shelves then do that.

More production is always fun to watch but I don't feel Eisley need all that to put on a great show, of course. But maybe the bigger production will attract more people to the shows which is always great. I'm never bored at Eisley shows. I like that you guys use a bus now because you deserve to tour in one and not cram into a van.

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows?

Well they definitely should have gotten more attention with this record. It deserved a better push from the label (as we all are aware). So yeah I think they toured in support of it too little only because it wasn' t necessary to tour that much in support of it when the label wasn't pushing it. A bunch of people hearing it and finding out about Eisley for the first time and going to their first Eisley shows and such would have required more touring in support of the record which is what I would have preferred, but given the circumstances of how little attention the album got I think the touring amount was reasonable. I always prefer Eisley headlining shows but maybe touring with bigger acts is what they need to get more attention... I don't know.

I thought that was a really cool idea, actually. If Eisley does another acoustic tour for the first tour in support of the new album I'd love to see that. The idea of introducing the songs live the way they were written is neat. But if you don't think it's necessary then more instores would be a great alternative.

Where is the industry going and how does this little band fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV? Major/Minor/Indie...? Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my highschool.... or i am emo. I have great rage. nobody understands me... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, want to lash out because but hate my parents and i don't want to ever work or contribute to society... Smile

This is the hardest of all these questions to answer. The industry obviously requires a whole lot more advertising to get known nowadays. More promotion on TV, radio, internet and such would benefit the band greatly. There are so many out there that would love Eisley but just have yet to hear of them. This is yet another question I could answer selfishly and say I don't want them to get bigger because I like the intimacy of the smaller venues and the interaction the band has with fans that might be impossible if they got big. But, at the same time I'd be really happy to see them get a whole lot bigger because I know they deserve it. Their music deserves so much more attention. Going mainstream and having their videos on MTV and their singles playing on major radio stations will be really weird and I probably won't like it much... but I'll always know they deserve the attention and that's what matters. As for what I'm like... I don't know? I get along with a lot of different "cliques" in my high school. I guess I'm an art dork. I love graphic design and drawing. I also love playing my piano so I guess I'm a piano dork, too.

I'm 18. A few of my friends listen to Eisley... like two or three (in real life, not online...of course I know more people online that listen to them). I have two younger sisters. The youngest (12) has a few songs on her iPod... I think those are A Sight To Behold and Many Funerals. She likes their heavier stuff I guess. My parents don't mind them, they like them live more though. I try to influence people to listen to them and I try to "spread the word". Sometimes it doesn't work out and sometimes it does.

Other than Eisley I've been playing a lot of A Fine Frenzy, Imogen Heap, and Band of Horses lately. No I don't listen to bands because they're blowing up, and yeah a lot of times it makes me not want to listen to them when I don't stop hearing about them to the point where it gets annoying. I already said this but I discover them mainly through myspace, online forums, last.fm, itunes and such. As for buying the record it depends. If it's one of my favorite bands (like Eisley) I go out and buy physical copies the day it comes out. For others though I'll buy them online through amazon's music program (because it doesn't have DRM like iTunes). As for bands they shouldn't tour with... just none that don't make sense. I know you all are friends with Say Anything (of course) however I can't say I'd be very happy if Eisley toured with them (sorry). No more bands like NFG or others in the punk category. I can't stand punk shows and I'd hate to deal with those fans when trying to enjoy Eisley's performance.

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where are we NOT? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

I think you could incorporate YouTube more... put more videos on there. Maybe a few youtube-exclusive videos to encourage people to subscribe. YouTube is big and has the potential to reallyyyy help with getting the word out. Another site that could be fun is stickam (bands are starting to use this more and more I've noticed). It's not *that* big yet but it's growing more and more. Stickam would really only be about fan/band interaction. Like once a month (or more) have the band do a live stickam chat with the fans (it's a live webcam streaming based site). Fans don't need to have a webcam or microphone to participate because you can also type at the same time. A live show I watch on G4TV uses stickam during the commercial breaks and the hosts get on to talk to the viewers and I've always thought it was neat. If Eisley made a profile all you would have to do is hit "Go Live" and then fans can enter your live room. Eisley would be on the bigger screen at the top and can either talk to answer questions or type to answer questions. Up to 6 fans can have their webcams stream through one of the smaller screens over to the right. Everyone in the room can type to communicate (or those on screens can use mics). Different screens can be muted if desired. Mods can be assigned to keep order and kick out weirdos. (and yes you can use the isight camera on mac and its built-in mic)

No they have not done a good job. Eisley isn't bigger because hardly anyone is hearing about them. The only real reason people are finding out about them is through people they know that are fans. More advertising would make them bigger (TV, radio) and also tours supporting bigger bands whose fans like that style of music so they would also enjoy Eisley.

I'll definitely go see them. Because of money and the economy I don't buy many albums anymore but I'll always buy Eisley's. And yeah it's possible, and I guess the way to survive is to get out there and get some fresh fans willing to spend some money. Tour and sell merch that way. Sell merch online (which you're working on).

I'd like to buy posters and stickers and stuff online along with the clothing. Definitely sell it online. Don't sell it in hot topic, please.

I enjoy all your vids so whatever floats your boat! maybe have the band members do some filming too? I'd be interested to see how they would go about filming stuff and what they would film and how it would differ from you filming.

Last edited by alinicole on Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:15 am; edited 2 times in total
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I'd like to see the band hit every major/minor market in the US at least once. I'd rather see the band tour Iowa, South Dakota, and any other skip state once rather than New York and Texas 50 times. I live in Minnesota, so obviously Minneapolis, =)

What are your expectations for Eisley? Where have we not met expectations? Dream small. Dream big. No wrong answer. Talk to us.

The production was way too thick on the last album. Honestly, it only helped hide the fact that songwriting on Combinations was weaker than Room Noises or the EPs. What I really expect from Eisley, is that they will have all the time they need to write and record 12-14 great songs that don't need studio magic or gimmicky instruments to make them interesting.

Where do you see this band going from here? What's left to accomplish? Is their job on earth done?

The band can go a few places. I think their chance of label success with WB right now is pretty much dead. The WB has consistently failed for create successful advertising for the band, so I can't see a professional relationship with the WB ever being financially viable. I think if Eisley ever wants to make a profit, they'll have to drop the label and become self-sufficient in a 21st century music industry. 50,000 album sales do a lot more when the label doesn't gobble up their share.

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-A and would just get out there, re-create/emulate what's out there? - i.e. same moves, gestures, language... same lifestyle you see in other rock bands?

Honestly, it's all about the music. They could be the ugliest trolls in the world and I would still enjoy the music. However, I do appreciate their honestly and their ability to abstain from selling their music through sex.

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

Expecting a certain sound or style in my favorite band or composer seems a bit selfish, don't you think? I just want Eisley to create pure music that they truly enjoy and put their entirety into. If I don't like it, then I'll just move on. If I did wish to impress my views on Eisley, I'd have a few suggestions. Do they really want to make 3-4 minute pop songs their whole lifes? The WB has also proven themselves unable to put an Eisley song on national radio, so I don't think there is any need to fit into a "radio" format. If you write songs that are good enough, it doesn't matter how long or short or weird it is, it will be put on the radio, even if it has to be edited. Assuming that LP3 is full of separate songs and not a concept album, 10 tracks at 30-40 minutes is pretty short. A good value of songs is more like 50 minutes plus in my opinion. But, a concept or artistic idea should only be as long as the composer wishes.

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? What about one-off shows? Where? A few big markets? (since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out) And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?

Don't have much of an opinion on this one.

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley to get out there and perform like always, w/o props and fanciful's? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level?

Lights and special effects are only worthwhile if they add something to the artistic merit of the performance. This is very possible, but also very expensive and probably not worth it for a band like Eisley.

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows? How many times a year would you really be able to see the band anyway with so many other favorite bands out there?

Once a year is plenty to see a band for me. Anymore than that is hard to justify economically for a college student of varied interests. I think Eisley touring less for Combinations was fine. When they make their first great record, that's when they should really do some serious touring for a few years.

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless or is this softer/organic presentation important to eisley's career? Perhaps the band just do more in-stores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version instead of trying to wax acoustic... (?)

Acoustic tours can be great for a band financially. You can just hop into a car or van get the job done without expensive crews or equipment to haul. That being said, I would have liked to see arranging that lended itself more to the acoustic nature of the songs. I often get the feeling from bands that acoustic performances are no more than turning off the pedals. Also, I think instore performances and smaller venues should be absolutely UNMIKED. Even the best microphones and preams colour the sound of instruments and voice. It would be absolutely stunning to hear the band in a pure, unedited way. Damien Rice plays unplugged in 2000+ concert halls, Eisley could certainly do it once and awhile in a small venue.

Where is the industry going and how does this little band fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Major/Minor/Indie...? Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties, or i raise the rock sign and listen to Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. or i am emo - I love rage, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out because because i hate my parents but i don't reallly want work or contribute to society; i just want to demonstrate something... Smile )

I think Eisley can only be financially successful by: 1. Selling out completely and becoming a sex-selling studio slave. 2. Entering the 21st century indie market that Radiohead prove existed.

I am a 20 male college student who loves music (I studied music and wish to perform professionally for the rest of my working days). I love art music, but also have a deep appreciate for folk music and modern pop music.

I am 20. Maybe 10-15% of my friends listen to Eisley. Both my brother and sister are fans. My mom also enjoys them. I'd say I've influenced a number of people toward the band.

Honestly, I have a hard time getting into new music. I normally just stick with a few bands I know really well and follow them. I'm listen to Minor Vine currently (as in this second). Recommendations from friends I trust musically are probably the most surefire way for me to listen to something new. I guess I'm pretty snobby and picky when it comes to musical taste, roar.

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where is eisley NOT (on line)? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

Facebook seems like the big place these days. I think diversifying their advertisement locations would be beneficial.

I think the WB is just a financial sinkhole for the band. They haven't done their job at making them successful in a artificial, top 40 sort of way. That being said, I don't think Eisley will be successful on their own unless they decide to mature up a bit musically and put out better material. I enjoy their music, but it doesn't have the universal quality or appeal of the Beatles or other successful pop groups.

Everything is affected by energy prices and failing economic policies. This has a biggest effect on bands with lots of casual fans. Luckily for Eisley, most of their fans and pretty hardcore and would see them if they just got evicted and had to walk 120 miles. I'll definitely check out a new record if they release in 2009, and buy it if I like it. If I buy the album, I'll definitely see them live if my schedule works out.

I never buy merch so I'm not the person to ask, =)

More silliness, you've got those funny lanky guys that just can't help but be comedic gold, =D

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Um, Just to continue doing what they love, and making albums that we'll enjoy for years to come

I expect that they'll grow as artists next year, but I also expect them to stay the same in alot of ways

I guess they should keep on rocking; none of us fans are complaining, so...

I love Eisley, because they're like no other band. I love Sherri's creativity, Stacy's lyrics, Chauntelle's sweetness and well they're just so unique as a band. And unlike other bands, they actually care about their fans and communicate with us on a friend level, rather than looking down at us. I admire their honesty but most of all am inspired by what they do. I love them how they are and don't think they should change for anyone.

In a way I expect an album similar to Combinations but obviously I expect to see new stuff. Like, I think a rock-ier side would be cool, but most of all I want to hear songs that they are proud of and are comfortable with putting on this record. Radio-friendly songs aren't important, screw radio anyways. I don't think they should have to feel they should satisfy people's expectations, I'm sure we'll love what ever direction they go in! Oh, but I do hope that there will be more tracks, a big fat juicy record would pwn!! And if there is a special dvd edition like last time then some really cool tour footage would be great.

No, i don't think this pause will hurt them, It's good that they're taking a break. Personally, i think they should spend as much time in the studio as they feel they need. If they do go on tour early next year, a few new songs would be cool, I guess.

Acoustic tours are the s***. Seriously, acoustic tour + intimate venue = win.

Geek here. Don't want to use the word emo, but i am not the happiest person you'll ever meet, let's put it that way! But I guess like most eisley fans I have a deep appreciation for music. I think eisley should keep it as indie as possible

17 years old, male. Unfortunately, none of my friends really cared for Eisley after i tried influencing them. My brother thinks they're cool , took him a while though!

I mostly discover new bands from Youtube and myspace, or through bands I have just discovered. I buy the records on CD when I am completely inlove with a particular band and want to support them as much as possible. In terms of other artists, I mostly love those who play piano, as I have a classical background. Regina Spektor is one of my favs.

I think the general consensus here is that the WB don't support Eisley nearly enough as they should. I think more singles and music videos would help. As would playing on TV shows or films.

Well I'm here in London, so I don't expect them to tour over here, but personally I'd love to visit the US and see them tour in their own country rather than abroad. As much as I would love to see them play, they have more important work to do in the US, IMHO.

Online. T-shirts, hoodies, posters, everything basically.

Hmm, I don't know. Everything and anything!
Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

Can you please accept my answers in bold? I'd really appreciate it if no one made fun of me for being unsure of using colors.

Here's a bland response: I think Eisley should tour on their own and do festivals like Coachella or maybe Bonnaroo.

I expect Eisley to make records and tour. Sorry, another bland response. I swear, I do have opinions on some of these questions, I just didn't want to leave any blank.

-Of course they aren't done. I mean, unless they want to be. But that would really suck. If they continue to become better performers, musicians, and songwriters, and want to do this, why on EARTH would they stop?

-What's left to do? Europe. Asia. The Moon. Being on TV would probably rock, but I don't watch much of it.

I don't like them because of it, but I think they seem like really cool, respectable, unique people. Yeah, I think that's appealing.

I can't really say I have clear-cut expectations, but I think their catalog says it all. I like the balance of rock, of indie, of ballads, etc. There's an Eisley song for so many moods, whereas with a lot of other artists, I listen to them expecting one vibe. I can listen to Eisley pretty much any time.

I, like so many others here, do think that Eisley would be great at self-producing. Or at the very least, stripping down on production. I don't mean to say I disliked either of the records. I felt Combinations was very tasteful and cohesive and should exist as a singular testament to that. I don't feel, for me as an individual listener, that Combinations was "quintessential Eisley".

I wouldn't mind Eisley making songs that "alienate" them from the industry. Bring it on. Oh, and a digi-pak would be just fine for me. I'm rough on my belongings. I hear they're also more environmentally-friendly.

-I would LOVE to see Eisley this winter. Just the possibility of it.....yes. I wouldn't mind hearing a new song or two during that as-of-yet imaginary winter tour.

-I am of the opinion that unless you're a really, really popular band, the exposure frequent touring and publicity gives does not hurt you. I have not taken into account how much money it would cost, of course.

-I think the live Eisley experience would be greatly enhanced with an awesome, creative lighting scheme, kind of themed to the mood of each song. Wow.
-I don't care for smoke machines. Kind of indifferent on cameras, too.
-If they just want to stand there, that's fine, they still sound great.
-I'm never bored at a concert. If I paid for it, I'm excited to be there. The idea that people go to see a band they love and "get bored"....they must just lead a life very different from mine.
-I think Eisley deserves the bus. They did their van time. I'm happy if they can have a bus, if that's what they want.

- I feel that they could have done another mid-size tour on Combinations. The acoustic was a new way to hear Eisley live, and the Mute Math tour wasn't a headliner. I missed the spring tour. I still miss it.

- I think Eisley is great both as an opener and a headliner. If that opening slot is going to benefit them (and not be a genre gamble, which they are well-versed in), why not? That's great for them. For me, the established fan? I like long sets of nothing but Eisley. That's my money's worth.

In-stores are always good, and I'm not opposed to seeing them in an acoustic setting. Another full acoustic tour? Not for me.

I have no industry expertise and I suck at stereotyping myself so I'll just lay it vaguely: I am a physically healthy, liberally educated twentysomething female who lives in the sticks. I listen to music constantly, and read books constantly. My few close friends and I are definitely more "cultured" than the rest of the people who live in this area (and we still aren't better than them). I definitely consider myself a dreamer. I haven't had an easy life and I don't like my job, but that's a lot of people. I'm always looking for a new way to be happy.

My boyfriend and I love Eisley. Most people I have listen to Eisley really enjoy them, but don't latch on the way I have. I took a bunch of different people to a show once- they all enjoyed it on some level. The metalhead never remembers what they're called, but still talks about Chauntelle.

Online is pretty much the only way I find new music, other than local shows and PBS. I don't care what 'level' they're at. I buy records, but am also guilty of downloading. I really like classic rock, glam, older punk, folk, alternative, blahblahblah. Leonard Cohen, T.Rex, and the Pixies are pretty constant at my house.

I think myspace is good for bands, but pardon my gentle suggestion- the Eisley page could use some paring down or updating. Some of the photos/features are repeated in multiple sections. Yes, I use last.fm, but don't usually find myself listening to the same acts as other Eisley fans. I'm not familiar with many other sites where their presence is absolutely needed- myspace, purevolume, facebook, last.fm.....check.

I don't know what to think of WB. I'm probably too biased as a fan. Eisley has cute, fashionable, talented girls in it. Why aren't they bigger? No clue. Let's blame WB. Seriously, though, it shouldn't be so hard to promote them better/more. I don't really know what I'm talking about.

I actually find myself spending more on entertainment when the economy sucks. I need a lift, you know? I think historically, hard times have been very good for music. I plan on purchasing albums and attending shows in 2009.

You need merch online. Worldwide. Now. It seems you could make a killing off of the Malaysians alone.

I also like Sherri's art on the merch. The whole 'visual identity' thing, yeah, but also it simply stands alone. I'm sick of offensive colors, generic art, and internet lingo on band merch. I only own one Eisley shirt (I don't wear a lot of band merch, unless you count the stuff that's thirty years old and difficult to acquire), but so many people stop me to look at it.

Cartwheels, coffee, and FIGHTING.

MasterOfDisaster21
Sea Post King

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally)

I probably didn't color code this right (sorry, I suck at code stuff) but when you're in the Boston area, please don't go to a dodgy, 18+ part-nightclub. I know this might be tough, but the Palladium in Worcester is one of the better places to see a show. It's a much bigger venue than the Paradise, but there's more of a chance it won't be 18+ and I bet you guys could fill it.

Basically, having a 18+ show in Boston was the only expectation not met. I'm close to 18 but I still can't go. But you guys, musically and in general, don't let me down really at all. You make good music, I agree with whoever wanted a duet. That would be cool (with Max Bemis? The combination *no pun intended* of Say Anything and Eisley would be EPIC) I liked the weird synths on "Plenty of Paper", that'd be cool to hear synths on the 3rd. And as for blogging, you guys are by far the most friendly band I've ever listened to and you blog not as some great band, but as Sherri, Stacy, Weston, Chauntelle, Garron, and of course, Boyd. That is one of the big reasons I follow you guys (Musically, not in real life. That'd be weird)

I hope their job on Earth isn't done. I think they could continue their strong indie following (albeit the fact they're major label) and be that band all the cool kids know. I think stretching out and experimenting musically is naturally the best and next step for any band. Surprise us in a good way.

As I said earlier, you all (I'll refuse to say y'all since I'm a Northerner) are the friendliest band with blogging, and you make fans feel less like fans and more connected. It adds to how much I like you guys. I expect you to be the band you want to be, yet grow musically.

Record-wise, definitely longer. I know this isn't an easy demand, but I find 10 song albums tough to like because they're so small (Combinations was great though, not to suck up though) and whatever sound you want is great (indie or sellout major label rock, I'll probably still be a fan) I don't care if you sell this CD as if you just burnt it to a disc, I want a hard-copy, old school CD. No digipack crap, please.

Please, summer tour! Summer is the best time for mostly everyone, especially me not having to worry about school. Whatever kind of show with whatever songs should be a fantastic show. As I said in Boston, Palladium. It's big, but worth it. And all ages!! Rest for a band is good, the bands that write and record on the road make mostly bad albums.

I don't know if you'll be offended or not, but Eisley's not the band that needs all that glitz and crap. Their music wins me over. I don't remember how cool the lights were at a show (unless they're amazing), I remember the band. Just play like it's the last night you'll ever play together and I'll be happy.

Headlining for Eisley is great. Keep headlining and keep doing as many shows as humanly possible.

Half acoustic, half full band. That's a full show right there. No in-store shows, those aren't as fun as in a big venue. And on the subject of acoustic, bring Max (Bemis, just in case there's another Max in the world of Eisley) as an opening act playing acoustic. Again, Eisley + Say Anything = spontaneous combustion may occur.

Where is the industry going and how does this little band fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Major/Minor/Indie...? Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties, or i raise the rock sign and listen to Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. or i am emo - I love rage, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out because because i hate my parents but i don't reallly want work or contribute to society; i just want to demonstrate something... Smile )

Eisley should be the band you find if you want to stray away from the radio, MTV crap. As for me, I am just a music fan. I try to love bands for their sound, not for image or genre, and just enjoy. I make logos and art for bands a lot (Eisley has been on my wish list for a good 2 years now) and I love going to shows or just showing friends bands. I got one of my friends to love you guys and another hasn't given me Room Noises back (I loaned it to her a year ago, I think she lost it) Your fans are all over the place. I heard of you guys via New Found Glory and Chad (first heard of you when you did that song for Ian in NFG, I laughed so hard at that) and slowly fell for your music.

I am 16. A couple of my friends like you. And I am so an influencer.

Right now, House of Heroes. Incredible band, their newest (The End Is Not The End) sounds as if Meat Loaf collaborated on a rock opera with Relient K. Just wow. I listened to bands far from blowing up, blowing up, and blown up. I listen via MySpace, then share if it's good. Bands to fear? I think getting too comfortable with being "indie" is never good. Branch out, but don't go crazy (Nickelback and Eisley = WHAT?!)

I'm surprised you guys are so open on Facebook. You guys are hooked in enough, it's cool.

If the WB wants you guys to be a big band, no offense, they've failed. But I think not having you as such a big band is for the best. I like being one of the few who know you guys. But if you want to be bigger, make more predictable guitar and piano hooks and have generic singles. Kidding, please don't get all big.

Since I'm a minor, not much with the economy is affecting me personally. But being a minor, I have little cash to see shows and stuff. But of the shows I see per year, yours would be near the top of importance. In this economy, make your stuff a little cheaper than most bands. Sure, you might lose money by doing this, but more people will have your stuff and it'll pay off in the end with word-of-mouth.

I have yet to buy shirts or anything un-musically related. I'd like to see your shirts in the local music store (Newbury Comics)

Just record the band doing what they do best: playing. Covers, new and old songs, anything and everything. And just record in the studio cause I'm one of those dorks who likes those. And put them up on YouTube please, Quicktime doesn't work well on my computer.

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I for one would love to see them play in Scotland again! Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen, Inverness, it's all good. Venues I would recommend given the unfortunate lack of fannage in these lands would be:
Glasgow - Nice N Sleazy's. Mute Math played their debut european show here. Mika also had his first scottish show there. does exactly what it says on the tin. Nice, but sleazy.
Capitol. Slightly bigger, slightly more classy.
King Tuts. Everyone knows that this is where Oasis got discovered, right? classic venue. Steeped in history. I'm seeing Tilly there soon! yas!
Barfly. Envy Corps played there once! Glasgow's sister of The Fly in London, which, of course, is where Eisley played twice.

Edinburgh - Cabaret Voltaire. Best wee venue in Edinburgh.

Don't know the other cities venue-wise!
(use font color to code this and simply toss in this color so
I'll have uniform color-analogous response: #c9d577

Your response goes here

As long as Eisley keeps on making corkingly good music, I will be a fan!

Eisley is different from everything else outthere. I think that might be down to their faith. Or it could be done to the way they were brought up. Or the amount of starbucks they consumer. Whatever, they're awesome. They create a certain vibe, too. A type of person that appreciates more arty sort of stuff. I for one am slightly more interested in art as a result of listening to eisley. How direct this is is unclear.

no exectations. I have faith that the band is making music that is to their liking, and that they believe in it. If they do that, then the rest will be history!

I lap up every Eisley show I can. It's hard to say whether more time between album creation and touring would be benefitial. I think there was a 24 hour turnaround for me between getting the album (the day it came out) and going to see them, for me to get into the album. Which i did with absolutely no problemo.

I'm not bored of their shows! heck no! I love just seeing them. The best two shows I went to were Joan Baez (monday night), and a bluegrass band called Po'girl. They had incredibly limited lighting production. Which meant you could focus on the music, and particularly in Baez' case, the lyrics (which made me weep at points). Eisley is all about the music. More wizzardry would take some of their magic away. might.olor]

[color=#e3cd7e]8

I think they toured too little. I may be bias, since I'm a brit... I think a combination of headliners/openings is good. If they have to open, then they have to. I would rather they headlined. A few unsigned US bands tour the UK every once in a while as headliners! why not Eisley?! (WAS, Bishop Allen...)

Your response goes here

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

A. Where is the industry going? Where would I like to see Eisley? no idea on A, since i've not been in the country for most of this year. I would like to see Eisley in the UK! I recently rewatched a youtube clip of an ad for the movie Invasion with Eisley's track. It worked really well. That'd be cool. hearning them in a movie would make my day. Like, when I heard Story Problem in Run Fatboy Run.

B. Who am I?
I'm a 20 year old Male who's gone back to education after a two year break. Christian, cyclist, member of Amnesty International - very active on that score - and love what I love musically. I have no real hates. I see who i want to see. McFly? bring it on!

I am 20. 0% of my friends listen to Eisley. My bezzer Rosie cares about the fact that I care about Eisley... but that's just about it. I am an influencer, but at the very same time, it's hard. I have bigger interests that I want to influence people on (ie, my faith)!
That said, I did bump into someone I hadn't seen since 2005. He asked me if my music tastes were still the same as when we last met. "Do you still like Eisley?" said he! that was a good moment! he remembered the name of the band!

I'm listening to The Pogues right now. If a band is "blowing up" i might check 'em out, I might not. Life's too short to really care. TBH, unless i see a band live I'm unlikely to give even half a dog's rear-end about them. If I'm going to see a band I vageuly know, I might myspace 'em etc.
Also, I sometimes get the offer of tickets to bands i've never heard of. I get the email, myspace 'em, and if i like 'em, try and get those tickets!

Are folks moving from myspace? i don't know, but what I do know is that i've seen alot of people become fans of bands on Facebook...

never seen a street team for Eisley. so...

Well, I'm a student, so I have very little money. I am a very firm believer in the following: working hard, and God the provider. God is incredibly gracious, and always gives us just enough. I know that's not sound music industry advice, but heigh-ho.

Combinations viny! badges (buttons)! more tees! merch tables. not retail stores, please. Partly because I never go into them, and partly because... er... it'd be wierd... if i did go into one and saw "eisley" stuff. But then, there was that time I bought two atticus jerseys because i freaked out... neary...

it's all good!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Heavyarms
Sea Post King

A show in San Jose would be rad, but SF bay area shows are a must.

Keep kickin A, you're a big inspiration for me

It's time to take the music to mars. Where you come from. I'm not joking.

The first part. Yep.

Keep doing your thing and i'm sure it'll be amazing.

The more shows the better, and hearing new music at shows is always rad.

Too much production can get cheesy really fast.

More touring is always great. I'd prefer seeing Eisley headline, since that means more time on stage, but opening for people is fine too.

If there was a show even remotely close to me I would have gone.

Where is the industry going and how does this little band fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Major/Minor/Indie...? Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

More fans is always great, but dont sell out! Keep writing the stuff you want to play and people will listen. I am a college student studying music (sorry, no bio-metrics :[) and I do indeed listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule.

I'm 20, and all of my coolest friends are Eisley fans.

I'm listening to the new Ben Folds right now. I tend to buy records, and i'll listen to anything that gets my attention. How much money a band makes shouldn't affect whether you like them or not.

I've seen more bands shift to facebook recently, but myspace is still a huge place for bands.

More promotion is probably a good idea. I'd love to see more fans at shows.

I'll always make a giant effort go to my favorite bands shows. Music is a high priority for me, and I hope bands dont start closing up shop.

More merch is an excellent idea. An online store would be rad, especially since there was a severe lack of merch at the last show I went to in SF. Beyond the regular stuff, I'd like to see some of the earlier EP's/recordings for sale, and that simple hoodie with just the Eisley logo (talked about in this thread: http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=32554&highlight=hoo die).

More videos in general is cool.
blisteredavalon
Sea Post King

WHEEEW i typed all my answers and then my computer got all wacked out and everything disappeared... here i go again...

Come to Seattle please! I know you guys are coming in November for the symphony thing, but I haven't seen you guys in concert yet and I would rather see you in a more intimate, only Eisley, setting.

Just keep on doing what you guys are doing! Keep making albums and touring! woo! and a couple things... dont get stuck in musical ruts. always try to push the limits of your music, even if it seems like suicide. dont listen to the label or producer if they just want to make your music more mainstream or radio friendly. the reason why i like and stay with a band for a long time is that they keep on surprising us and they dont get stale. NEVER sell out. its about making music not making money. sooo many bands fall into that trap.

Half the reason why I love you guys is your honesty and non rock star attitudes! It's inspiring!

Anything magical and intense. One thing I would love to hear are more songs like Marsh King's Daughter. I ADORE that song and its one of the most unique songs in Eisley's repitoure. I loved Combinations, but i didn't really like the production. I like the more raw-ish sounding sound of Room Noises. Although personally, if the artist can pull it off, i love massive production with overdubs galore (like Billy Corgan did with MCIS and Siamese Dream).

Smaller shows! One thing that i do like is creative lighting during songs. if you can find some lighting setup that goes with the music and elevates them to a higher level, then it might be a good idea. Personally, I prefer lots and lots of psychedelic colors and whatnot. But as long as it goes with the song.

Acoustic=stellar. Maybe small acoustic sets within shows. Like you start off with acoustic versions of songs for the first half, then you rock out for the second half. Like quiet then loud. Or loud then quiet. Or loud then quiet then loud. or whatever.

Well... i'm a Junior in High school. I only know like two other people who listen to you guys, the rest are a bunch of metalheads. haha one of those two people was a girl i liked a couple years ago. she said she liked you guys, so i decided to check out your music.

Well on one side of the musical spectrum, I like listening to bands like Smashing Pumpkins, Dream Theater, Tool, Pink Floyd, Radiohead and a bunch of other heavy 90s bands (my favorite decade). On the other side, I also like more indie or softer artists like Tegan and Sara, Regina Spektor, Norah Jones, Portishead, and Damien Rice. I usually find new bands by Pandora Radio actually. I love it. For buying music, definitely CD's all the way. I like having something to hold in my hand.

if they come to seattle, I will totally go see them. my family doesnt have alot of money for lots of travel so it has to be local usually.

Anything at all will make me happy.

Last edited by blisteredavalon on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

One wish is for a recording of "I Could Be There For You" with that beautiful new intro. Studio version, Garage Band version, an HD video version, whatever, for download from somewhere. I know it's from the past but we needs it.

That first part, mostly the great music.

I hope they do what they like and what they feel is best for themselves. Maybe that's too idealistic and not much help.

I used to find new music through tv shows, talk shows and commercials mostly. But lately, more from online -Youtube and forums. I prefer an actual cd instead of a download.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Well. to be somewhat brief:

1. An 'in store' at the Virgin Megastore at Downtown Disney. And of course, a show at the 'Social,' is a must!

2. Expectations of the band; if it's Eisely it's Eisely!(if that makes any sense?)

3. Is their job on earth done? Never! The world needs Eisely and the DuPree's desperately!

4. The greatness of Eisely rest in the fact that they never try to be other than who they are. That's INTEGRITY, musically and otherwise!

7. Bells and whistles at a show would only detract from the purity of the music, but if everyone wanted to take an instrumental solo, that would rock! Smile

Martin
Sea Post King

ARGH! I've just lost all of my replies Sad
I might try again, if I can find the time.