Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

Sketchy information, but Weston texted me early this morning:

"Zane got hit by 2 cars last night. Fractured skull. Brain bleeding, slightly skewed speech. He jumped up when he saw the car so it saved his life, but he bounced off of it into another car and broke both their windshields".

I know that plenty of you know Zane or at least met him at a show (our merch guy). Zane moved to NY recently to be with his brother Shay (also close friend) - who was awarded a scholarship to study dance at one of those elite colleges for performing arts. I just thought it would be good to let you guys know so you could keep Zane in your thoughts and prayers.

Apparently he broke no other bones in his body... it's just - this head injury and internal bleeding is a concern. He was cognizant at some point because Shay said he asked for Weston but mispronounced his name (beston). I don't have much info but needless to say, we are very upset, worried... Zane is one of our best friends. We're waiting for good news. Weston was getting info from Shay but his phone died early this morning. Their family are close; Zane's dad - Matt - teaches Taekwondo to the entire gang and flew to NY earlier this morning.

Behind the scene fact: On a recent tour, I remember us hanging out - me, Weston, Zane... probably Mark and John - talking about what Zane would do if he were ever about to be hit by a car, seeing how he's a Ninja (black belt Taekwondo) It's a troublesome reference - emotionally, but the point is - he had a plan: to jump high - straight up into the air. It appears that's exactly what he did.

We love Zane and his entire family. Will keep u guys posted. Thanks.

boyd

----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

Honestly, I don't know very much more. We tried to get more info but all we learned was this morning... that he was talking. He was moved from trauma to ICU. Doctors said that it could go either way - in a good direction or bad direction. I won't go into details because it's sorta graphic... but the doctors thought he was going to get better. I think this sounds really good. The fact that he was talking and asked about Weston... and wanted to know what Weston thought about his situation is a good sign. They're pretty much best friends. More tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your concern, thoughts, prayers, whatever's... it means a lot. boyd

----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE - more

Weston just told me he's in a private room at the Trauma center. They're still watching him. I understand he's still in and out... talking; sometimes making tons of sense, sometimes not. But what would you expect after a skull smashing crash to the head. Trying to find out whether he still has bleeding in there. That was the concern. But - hey, he's talking and the i say that's good news! I'm probably not doing a good job at this. I'm far from being Zane news central. So... I'll just say:

Power to Zane the Ninja!

-------------------------------------
UPDATE - more!!
Zane is back in T-town. In fact, he is in our van right now. We just made a SB's run, hung out, talked to some girl who works at Olive Garden who waited on the band once and asked a lot of good questions (tonight) but anyway - Zane's skull bone is still cracked. Fair to say he is cracked in the head but... I asked him he is and he said - "well - I'm alive. I'm not completely retarded... I dunno... I'm better and start therapy soon". So - there u go... Right from the ninja-hit-by-a-car's mouth. He's over at our house as much as possible, eating good food, being around friends, etc. We sat with his mom at the midnight showing of "Twilight" but what does that have to do with Zane really? He's gonna be ok and that's what is important. I over-hear Weston telling Zane that he and garron are going to each get 1/2 of Zane's face tatoo'd on their body so when they walk together side by side - Zane will always be with them. Thanks again for your faithful Zane support. Bd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Last edited by boyd on Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Oh goodness.

I've just added the situation to my prayer list. I'm sure you will anyway, but please keep us updated, Boyd.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
oliez
Vintage Newbie

oh man, that's horrible.

The times I met him at the merch table, he always seemed like a great guy.

In my prayers.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

wow, i'll be praying for him, as well. and yes, please keep us updated.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

praying. I know two people personally in my social circles that were hit by buses, one in Chicago, one in Detroit. Both survived and recovered after some very tense moments. I sure hope Zane does too. Man o man... Times like these profanity seems "on-key" with emotion, but it's not but, I definitely feel for everyone close to him and this situation, as it must make no sense whatsoever. Hang in there.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9638 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
pollyanna87
Sea Post King

prayers definitely. he seemed like a sweetheart when i met him at the shows i went to. he's so lucky to have such great friends who love him. my best to everyone and i will say some prayers for him.
thexrunaway
Golly, Poster

Prayers go out. The few moments I met him about a year ago, he was an absolute doll. NYC can be such a tense place with the traffic. The whole time I was living there I was worried whenever I was crossing a street.

"My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end."

-Ayn Rand, Anthem

lace face
Sea Post King

Oh god i hope he will be okay... He seems pretty smart, the whole jumping thing Very Happy
brighttelescopes
Sea Post King

oh my god i hope to death he's okay. i'm so glad he jumped though, i did the same when i got hit by a car, but nowhere near as bad as this. Sad
superhits
Sea Post King

this really saddened me when i first heard about it on garron's facebook status. he seemed like such a funny guy when i met him. my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and anyone else affected.
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

I had a friend who had a head injury very similar to this just a few months ago. It was a very hard time and I wish Zane and his family all the best in recovery. Stay strong!!!
redboots
Sea Post King

In my prayers. He seems like a really cool guy, my thoughts are with his family and friends.
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

him and his family/friends are in my prayers.
so scary.

Jared x
Lost at Forum

Huh, wow. I've thought about this a lot, jumping up if I ever was about to get hit by a car. Apparently it works. I hope it really did save his life and that everything turns out just fine. Smile
Russell
Golly, Poster

Heavy times. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery.