4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
27 or older
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 72

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

Damn son, I've moved up three categories since I've been here!

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

Which category are 27 year olds supposed to choose? 25-27 or 27 or older? I decided to be the jerk to point that out. Smile

I was 30 when I signed up so I have always been in the or older category.

Last edited by kulvir on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
norad
Vintage Newbie

kulvir wrote:

Well, you are old. Razz
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

heh. the poll kind of looks like it's giving you the finger sideways.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

patrock wrote:
kulvir wrote:

Well, you are old. Razz
Then you like chatting with old people. Creep.
norad
Vintage Newbie

kulvir wrote:
patrock wrote:
kulvir wrote:

Well, you are old. Razz

Then you like chatting with old people. Creep.

I like to think of it as I like chatting with Canadians.
indyice
Sea Post King

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with a new poll. Most of the people in the first poll aren't even here anymore, 4 years later.

I agree. Also, you are going to be so upset Nov. 5th!

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

In the old poll there were more teenagers. So I am wondering if the Eisley only appeals to certain people rather than a certain age demographic.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

indyice wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with a new poll. Most of the people in the first poll aren't even here anymore, 4 years later.

That was a nice shameless plug. Rolling Eyes

Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
In the old poll there were more teenagers. So I am wondering if the Eisley only appeals to certain people rather than a certain age demographic.

Don't take this the wrong way, but chances are a lot of those teenagers got older and are now in the middle demo... Just sayin.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but chances are a lot of those teenagers got older and are now in the middle demo... Just sayin.

That's my question. Did Eisley appeal to those people when they were younger and they just carried their love of their music to adulthood? Or were they just 'those kind of people'?

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

That's my question. Did Eisley appeal to those people when they were younger and they just carried their love of their music to adulthood? Or were they just 'those kind of people'?

When you say "those kind of people when they were younger" do you mean those who were kind of people at that particular age are we assuming those kind go people change with age?

Oddly enough, I would check the board in 2003-2005 to see what Boyd would be saying about making the record etc, after I initially got the EPs. i wouldn't read comments unless it was from him cause I was just looking for band news in the eisley.org days. I was 27 when Marvelous Things was being pushed. Had I head them in 1995 i would have liked them when I was 19, but they didn't exist as a band then. In that way, if the kind of people you mean, is people with that sort of taste in music, I follow, but I don't think age should change tastes that much...

And of course, who know's who voted then, and now? What if 4 unique people voted, and 1 person decided they make the poll look like someone flipping the bird, as mentioned earlier, started hitting the middle demo with votes etc?

Anyways, I think a good rule of thumb is most bands will appeal to people who would think they look as cool as they people said fan thought were cool in their own adolescence, and the definition of cool hasn't changed a whole lot from the late 60's, with punk and new wave coming within 10 years of that, so anyone in adolescence from 65 on down is likely to dig a cool-type band (of the varying varieties of contemporary cool that is). So by that logic, someone in their 20's then could still get into a band now, meaning folks in their Late 60's should be able to appreciate Eisley with no qualms cause they were near college age when the Beatles, Dylan, Hendrix, Yes, Joni Mithcell, the Doors hit, and 30's (Like me now
Razz ) when The Police, Talking Heads, Blondie and the Clash hit...

So in 30 years when the next cool band telepathically releases their first awesome EP I'll still be able to nod along and blog about how cool they are Wink

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

indyice wrote:

Maybe.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

indyice wrote:

Maybe.

ah ah ah... there's a thread for that elsewhere... Unless O and Joe and Mc & Sarah are all Eisley fans who voted in the poll here... Wink

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
indyice wrote:

Maybe.

ah ah ah... there's a thread for that elsewhere... Unless O and Joe and Mc & Sarah are all Eisley fans who voted in the poll here... Wink

I didn't bring it up. Laughing Well, maybe my signature did... oh, well!

I haven't seen any Eisley in Meghan McCain's blog...

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>