Laughing City

Who are you voting for/would vote for tomorrow?
Charles Baldwin
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Bob Barr
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
John McCain
24%
 24%  [ 20 ]
Cynthia McKinney
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Ralph Nader
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Barack Obama
59%
 59%  [ 49 ]
Other (write in)
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Choosing not to vote (don't pick if you are ineligible to vote, but wish to vote)
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 83

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Didn't Cubs make it clear?

The photos posted in that other thread were to show that racism runs both ways. Quit trying to paint me as a racist.

I wasn't. I think that picture was probably the funniest thing I've seen in months. And it also points out that black people don't like other black people just because they're black.
Black conservatives have to put up with being mocked by other blacks fairly routinely.

That's my point. Being black doesn't shield them from 'mocked' like any other conservative.

True conservatives are only mocked by a few, mostly hollywood, MSNBC, and far left websites. But to be black and a conservative brings on ridicule to the extreme, and especially from other blacks.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

ladiosadice wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
ladiosadice wrote:
After feeling really happy for African Americans, the first thing I heard from an African American male this morning was:

"Last night I was at the White House high as sh*t."

Way to go. Rolling Eyes

Well, that was very condescending. Not every black person had to cry like Jesse Jacksonpunkbitch. The fact that you think that black people in particular should've treated last night like the second coming of the Christ shows that you might not be as 'color-blind' as you might think. Frankly, we don't need you to feel 'really happy' for us; 'we' didn't do anything besides vote (and not all for Obama, I might add). Anyway, I'm sooo sorry that not every black person lived up to your *inhale* *holdit*high *exhale* standards. Yes, yes, I know. I nailed you for being condescending, and I'm being really condescending. Don't try that tuquoque crap on me. Wink

Shut up.
You don't know me at all. And yeah, you're post was extremely condescending because you chose to attack me personally, while I was not attacking anyone other than the person who made the comment.
If you can't understand sarcasm, then I guess I'm in the wrong forum.

I'm done.

I thought the weed joke made it clear. Confused But just for the sake of argument, you attack him behind his back because he's black-- that's fine. I half-jokingly call you out on your remark to your face (kinda)-- I'm the devil.

I'll just say this, I have no personal ill will towards you.

Pantheon4 wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Didn't Cubs make it clear?

The photos posted in that other thread were to show that racism runs both ways. Quit trying to paint me as a racist.

I wasn't. I think that picture was probably the funniest thing I've seen in months. And it also points out that black people don't like other black people just because they're black.
Black conservatives have to put up with being mocked by other blacks fairly routinely.

That's my point. Being black doesn't shield them from 'mocked' like any other conservative.

True conservatives are only mocked by a few, mostly hollywood, MSNBC, and far left websites. But to be black and a conservative brings on ridicule to the extreme, and especially from other blacks.
This is America; we take shots at everybody. Even Barack Obama took a lot of crap from black people before he got elected. 'member Cryin' Jesse's comment? "I'd like to cut his nuts off."

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Last edited by Pantheon4 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
*short version*

Trickle Down economics and "privatization" of social services that provide basic human needs exploits the lower-classes to benefit those controlling industry. Supporting those policies impacts "Black" people harshly given discrimination was legal up till 40 or so years ago. Though illegal it was, and is still practiced. So the conservatives usually criticized take their own success as evidence that all is right with the system, when it in general punishes all the poor, regardless of race, but due to historical factors a large percentage of "Black" people have been raised in the conditions of poverty, which can sometimes be difficult to escape.

What exactly did Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and the congressional black caucus ever do for the poor? Exploit them for their own gain is how I see it. If anything, social services with little accountability or incentive to improve yourself is meant to enslave the poor, and create a reliable voting block to continue the process.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
And I'm sure you're the guy they're trying to catch, big Willie.

My identity issues and humor are neither anonymous nor exist only on the internet, thank you very much.

And wow, way to be creepy, Pantheon.

...Just trying to save face. Laughing

No wink on that one, so I take it I struck a chord? My bad, (caught this typo, kinda ruined the half-hearted acknowledgement offense and psuedo apology)

Wink means I was just being silly, but I can see I'm not welcome in this slapfight...

and since I work in an environment where I am one of the people who has to be on guard to protect folks from predation though I joked, I do take the real subject serious, because of some deep seeded issues I genuinely do have that make me a very protective person re: innocence that's part of what I liked about Eisley's music and their music is the only reason I'm here.

I could blather about the things I see on here that creep me out daily, but I don't cause I got the feeling people post here cause it's a safe haven of sorts. We all got quirks, true enough, and if you knew why I first ever posted on this board you would know mine... the thread is probably still up even though I deleted the more personal ones...

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
*short version*

Trickle Down economics and "privatization" of social services that provide basic human needs exploits the lower-classes to benefit those controlling industry. Supporting those policies impacts "Black" people harshly given discrimination was legal up till 40 or so years ago. Though illegal it was, and is still practiced. So the conservatives usually criticized take their own success as evidence that all is right with the system, when it in general punishes all the poor, regardless of race, but due to historical factors a large percentage of "Black" people have been raised in the conditions of poverty, which can sometimes be difficult to escape.

What exactly did Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and the congressional black caucus ever do for the poor? Exploit them for their own gain is how I see it. If anything, social services with little accountability or incentive to improve yourself is meant to enslave the poor, and create a reliable voting block to continue the process.

I never said they did, and they got ridiculed too, cause both are Church folk, Reverends get the sharp end of the stick all the time for being greedy, congregation milking blow-hards who apostlize for their own benefit.

You must have took what I said for Welfare Rhetoric. What I am saying is people are quick to throw the baby out with the bathwater and relegate Black people to one extreme or another, and not consider that the issues, and problems go a lot deeper, and are a lot more fluid than:

They are lazy and apathetic and want a handout.

They are oppressed and incapable and need a hand up.

Everyone wants justice, when they feel wronged, no one wants it when they are wrong.

This country has done wrong collectively, it's people have done wrong individually. We are all a part of both of those groups, and the tendency is to scapegoat across the board because accountability is a sin these days, because if you are humble and accept fault, all the people who don't want to will levy theirs on you.

If we all extended Grace, something none of us deserve, we'd all be better off. (swiped that from my preacher)

that said...

BLAH!

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
tahruh wrote:

My identity issues and humor are neither anonymous nor exist only on the internet, thank you very much.

No wink on that one, so I take it I struck a chord? My band,

Wink means I was just being silly, but I can see I'm not welcome in this slapfight...

and since I work in an environment where I am one of the people who has to be on guard to protect folks from predation though I joked, I do take the real subject serious, because of some deep seeded issues I genuinely do have that make me a very protective person re: innocence that's part of what I liked about Eisley's music and their music is the only reason I'm here.

I could blather about the things I see on here that creep me out daily, but I don't cause I got the feeling people post here cause it's a safe haven of sorts. We all got quirks, true enough, and if you knew why I first ever posted on this board you would know mine... the thread is probably still up even though I deleted the more personal ones...
Haha, I didn't think that needed a wink...I'm sorry? I don't think you're a creepy internet perv, and I have a pretty healthy sense of self. I'm in general just not a very serious person unless the matter at hand is serious, and the internet usually isn't. Please know in the future, chances are I'm just jokin'!

Now to go be a creep and read your first post because I'm curious. Laughing
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
*short version*

Oh and bonus points for missing the whole point which was me trying to be thoughtful and explain why in the African American community Conservative Pundits of color are ridicule harshly.

Funny thing is, Early on McCain got the same criticism from a certain block of the Republican party in his campaign. But hey, no biggie Double Standards are what has made America strong all these years Wink

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
tahruh wrote:

No wink on that one, so I take it I struck a chord? My band,

Haha, I didn't think that needed a wink...I'm sorry? I don't think you're a creepy internet perv, and I have a pretty healthy sense of self. I'm in general just not a very serious person unless the matter at hand is serious, and the internet usually isn't. Please know in the future, chances are I'm just jokin'!

Now to go be a creep and read your first post because I'm curious. Laughing

I'll spoil it, my ex and current (white from a very small town) gf, left me for a preacher she met on a retreat. I was also needing pics and a setlist for a review I was writing. See, 2 weeks prior she missed an Eisley show we were supposed to attend together (car trouble, horrible weather combo). I bought her a t-shirt from Zane (he picked out the perfect one) but it had a hole in it. I hit the board to ask Boyd about getting another, never heard back, and opted to try and get it stitched up, and in that time she dumped my ass for this preacher. So, then I tried to get rid of it to someone one the board, or get suggestions on another disposal method that didn't disrespect the band, which we both liked.

Long story short. She dumped him and apologized profusely, I hung on to the shirt (she didn't want it, and I was going to secretly return despite) and the excellently mended shirt is now hers and she wears it with pride. We both still love Eisley, as we discovered them together.

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Did you have to mention she was white? That seems racist.

Alright, I'm sorry; I'll stop. But that's a nice story. Smile

I guess since we're sharing...I joined this forum because of JBaker always linking me to the funny/crazy posts on here, and I'd been lurking for awhile, so it made sense.

An old friend joined shortly after and made a stink in every thread and caused a lot of e-problems and it made me look bad, so I stopped posting for a while and I think summer rolled around and I usually can't seem to make time for the good old w-e-b during it, then fall and school came full circle and Sarah Palin was announced VP, so this place became kind of fun again. (I usually just read the blogs sporadically..I am an Eisley fan of course) Turns out this place is a great aid for my procrastination (which is severe). So yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Smile
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
Did you have to mention she was white? That seems racist.

Alright, I'm sorry; I'll stop. But that's a nice story. Smile

I guess since we're sharing...I joined this forum because of JBaker always linking me to the funny/crazy posts on here, and I'd been lurking for awhile, so it made sense.

An old friend joined shortly after and made a stink in every thread and caused a lot of e-problems and it made me look bad, so I stopped posting for a while and I think summer rolled around and I usually can't seem to make time for the good old w-e-b during it, then fall and school came full circle and Sarah Palin was announced VP, so this place became kind of fun again. (I usually just read the blogs sporadically..I am an Eisley fan of course) Turns out this place is a great aid for my procrastination (which is severe). So yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Smile

yeah, I didn't have to mention her race, but if I didn't I'd seem like a coward for avoiding it...

Funny, JBaker may have been the first person I actually went after on this forum, I usually played Mr. Switzerland on issues, but I remember smartin' off about something that that was posted.

And SARAH PALIN SAVED AMERICA COLLECTIVELY! She made it okay to laugh again, saved SNL and Tina F. from cult icon status, and was the best thing to happen to Alaska since Northern Exposure went off the air.

Oh, all the internet has ever been good for is more expeditious methods of procrastination. Wall-E had it all right.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
An old friend joined shortly after and made a stink in every thread and caused a lot of e-problems

So, you had a Gabe in your closet too.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

France was the other person, not Gabe.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

He said "a Gabe."

But lol, indeed. I'm pretty sure I remember Gabe. He was incredibly abrasive/rude/mean, etc, and he got banned, right? You newer guys think Sebas is bad...Laughing
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:
France was the other person, not Gabe.

Yeah. Gabe was my freshmen roommate.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

There's a lot of stress present in this forum right now. People need to go take a breather. Go for a walk around the block people. Now.
Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>