Laughing City

On average, how many calories do you consume every day?
0-1000
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
1000-1500
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
1500-2000
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
2000-2500
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
2500-3000
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
3000-3500
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
3500-4000
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
More than 4000
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I don't know
31%
 31%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 47

guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I honestly have no idea. I measure and record everything I eat to find how much insulin to take, but I don't note the calorie totals. It might be around 1500 or less. I used to really obsess about my daily calorie total but recently I think it's healthier to not worry about it.
Well, I added today up for this thread and I'm up to 974 at 7pm.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
soupey
Sea Post King

On a normal day, I'll work, which means I dont't eat dinner, and besides that, I eat very small portions, so I'd say I probably eat a little over 1000 calories a day.
johnip
Vintage Newbie

I've never kept track. I guess get what I need, because my weight hasn't changed very much over the past few years. I think I've only gained about 15 pounds since 9th grade which was like 8 years ago lol. Most of that was muscle from this summer doing yard work.

I've been meaning to keep track for a while now, but I'm too lazy to measure the cereal I eat for breakfast. Wonder how much is in 3 bowls or honey bunches of oats or something like that? Besides that, I eat homemade stuff so don't really know what all that adds up to either. Confused

Vintage Newbie

I normally do 2500-3500 depending on how much walking/biking I do during the day.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

I have no idea. It really varies. Some days I just won't get to east more than one meal, while otheres I just eat CONSTNANTLY. My erratic eating habits are annoying and probably unhealthy. I don't bother counting calories either, because I swim (I don't think I would count 'em even if i didn't though.)
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

It depends. During the summer probably like um...1400-1500? Gotta get my Freedman's bagels/donuts, Jersey pizza, subs, and Surf Taco in. Every day. Laughing During school, like 800-900. I eat only twice a day, which is terrible since I'm Hypoglycemic, but I'm too stressed to eat in the mornings, plus the food generally sucks here.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Are the people on here with normal eating habits just not responding to this thread? Or are you all underestimating how many calories you eat.

For example, a chicken ceasar salad from chilis is over 1000 calories. If you go out afterwards for a grande mocha and a chocolate chip cookie, you're looking at 330 more for the mocha, and 450 for the cookie. that's nearly 1800 calories just dinner and dessert.

I think you guys are in denial. I could be wrong, though.

If I followed my normal eating habits, it would be around 2500 cals a day.
but, I'm a girlie girl who is obsessed with losing weight, so I aim for about 1200, and end up around 1800.
Laughing

You shouldn't go below 1200 calories on a regular basis, it's dangerous.
Seriously, it's bad for your brain. I've tried, and it's not worth it.

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

My caloric intake varies greatly. I don't count calories, but would guess some days 1200, other days 4000 or more.
Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

cynlovescandy wrote:
Are the people on here with normal eating habits just not responding to this thread? Or are you all underestimating how many calories you eat.

For example, a chicken ceasar salad from chilis is over 1000 calories. If you go out afterwards for a grande mocha and a chocolate chip cookie, you're looking at 330 more for the mocha, and 450 for the cookie. that's nearly 1800 calories just dinner and dessert.

Um, wow, so I think you might be right. After reading this I realize that I probably do take in way more calories than I thought Shocked. Thanks for making my day haha.
leighish
Vintage Newbie

I agree with cyn....It's soo easy to take in double what you should be taking in.

Thats why I have to be so mindful of everything. You can learn a lot by reading the back of the box. Smile

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

cynlovescandy wrote:

If I followed my normal eating habits, it would be around 2500 cals a day.
but, I'm a girlie girl who is obsessed with losing weight, so I aim for about 1200, and end up around 1800.
Laughing

You shouldn't go below 1200 calories on a regular basis, it's dangerous.
Seriously, it's bad for your brain. I've tried, and it's not worth it.
It's possible, because I honestly have never looked at how many calories anything I eat is. I'm barely 5'3", have a very small stature, and am vegetarian. I also am super picky about what I eat, and most of it unfortunately isn't high in fat. I'm guessing, entirely, but I do know Mon-Fri, I eat twice a day at best, and most of it is bland.
osoeloquente
Sea Post King

I try to eat healthy but I drink a lot of Coke. Probably like 4 cans a day. So between 1200-1800 calories is my goal. I eat mainly salads with light dressings and things low in fat and calories.
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

I've gained a bit of weight, so I'm kinda on a diet. When I'm on a diet I eat about 1000-1500 calories. WHen I'm not i probably do 1500-2000 + only because I know that the next day i will be on a diet. I need to stick to it lol.

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
heather_interrupted
Sea Post King

I eat around 500 calories a day, but thats because i have gained 40lbs in the past 3 years (after being put on the medication risperdal) and i am trying to lose weight.
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

heather_interrupted wrote:
I eat around 500 calories a day, but thats because i have gained 40lbs in the past 3 years (after being put on the medication risperdal) and i am trying to lose weight.

but isn't that a terrible way to lose weight? Confused Undernourishing your body is not the way to go in that department. I would suggest a HEALTHY dose of calories per day (let's say 1500+) and ssome exercise. Find something you really enjoy doing and try to finda time and place to perform that near-daily.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>