Laughing City
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

So I signed onto Pandora, a music streaming web site that you can get as an app on your I Phone, or on your computer. It's free, you just Google Pandora and create an account. Anyway, you create a station by typing in an artist or song. So I typed in Eisely, and lo and behold there they were! A complete bio, all the albums are shown! Way cool! But it gets better!

Through it's 'Music Genome project,' it list and plays all the artist with similar sounds, and that other people who like Eisely also seem to be listening to. In Eisley's case they listed: Death Cab for Cutie
The Hush Sound
The Postal Service
Frou Frou
Owls

Conversely people who type in one of those groups, have Eisley listed. And so it grows, literally. The more people who type in Eisley, the more Eisley gets disseminated throughout Pandora!

It's a good thing because a lot of people listening to their particular band, will probably hear Eisely for the first time and become curious! I mean, how could they not?

Check it out! Smile

ync
Golly, Poster

i love my eisley pandora station
it's getting to the point where i hear more death cab than eisley though..which is alright but..yeahhh
though i've been introduced to "put us back together right" by headlights which i think is a beautiful song, and a lot of pretty things by mae and just over all pleasantries to the ears ...with a few misses here and there

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Pandora is pretty cool, I just wish they would let you skip through more songs. Anyway it's a very useful tool to discover new stuff, I was tipped onto Be Your Own Pet before 'Bicycle Bicycle' became a single. Haven't used it for awhile, should root around some more.
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

cool!
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

That is awesome...the only similar site I've been on is last.fm Smile I love them mostly because I don't listen to the radio that often and rely solely on the television and internet for new music, that's why a great deal of what I listen to is old lol

I think it's really fun to find people with similar music interests...I'm assuming Pandora does that like last.fm since they are so much alike.

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
ync
Golly, Poster

lookingXglass wrote:
That is awesome...the only similar site I've been on is last.fm Smile I love them mostly because I don't listen to the radio that often and rely solely on the television and internet for new music, that's why a great deal of what I listen to is old lol

I think it's really fun to find people with similar music interests...I'm assuming Pandora does that like last.fm since they are so much alike.

i'm not really sure how well pandora is with connecting you with other people - i've never shared my station or listened to anyone else's - i stick with my mine haha.

i really like that you get to "like" and "don't like" songs, and that they'll never play them again - just throwing you deeper and deeper into music. that and the quick mix of jumbling all your stations together, so you can get a taste of eisley, and then a taste of reggie and the full effect or something like that. i always find new things on pandora which is awesome

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
shikisb2
Sea Post King

Yea, I love that Pandora has Eisley Very Happy