Laughing City
juan_diego
Sea Post King

With the exception of Just Like We Do and I Could Be there For You, I really have no desire to hear songs from Room Noises or Combinations on this new tour. I really hope they play mostly new material and old stuff. I'm hoping to hear The Valley, Mr. Moon, and Ambulance even though Sherri has already stated that they wont be playing Ambulance until their headlining tour, and I'm assuming that they will more than likely play Be Kind, and Smarter since they have been playing those 2 for a while now. As for old stuff I am DYING to hear Head Against the Sky and Over The Mountains, and of course I love me some Mr. Pine.

How about you guys?
How long will Eisley's set be as Say Anything's main support?

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Mostly new stuff, but I wouldn't be adverse to hearing a couple of the 'way' older tunes, like Mr. Pine and Over the Mountains! Smile
LacyFace
Sea Post King

Hmm new stuff I think we get to hear mr moon cuz the ep looks like it has a moon on it.. Also old ones like Head Against The Sky, my personal fav. And memories. Or anything that doesn't make the say anything fans get cranky.. So they will probably play more songs like A Sight To Be Hold and Many Funerals if i had to guess
Jared x
Lost at Forum

juan_diego wrote:
I'm hoping to hear The Valley, Mr. Moon, and Ambulance even though Sherri has already stated that they wont be playing Ambulance until their headlining tour,

Are those new songs?

The only songs that I would love to hear that aren't new are "Blackened Crown" (which has more or less already been shot down) and "I Could Be There For You" with Stacy's intro to it.
juan_diego
Sea Post King

Jared x wrote:
juan_diego wrote:
I'm hoping to hear The Valley, Mr. Moon, and Ambulance even though Sherri has already stated that they wont be playing Ambulance until their headlining tour,

Are those new songs?

The only songs that I would love to hear that aren't new are "Blackened Crown" (which has more or less already been shot down) and "I Could Be There For You" with Stacy's intro to it.

Yes they are! New song titles that the band has revealed so far are:
The Valley
Mr. Moon
Be Kind
Smarter Than You Think
Ambulance
Oxygen Mask
Better Love
I Wish
and another one that I don't know if I am allowed to say since the band has yet to mention it.

Sadly, I doubt we will ever hear that intro again. It would be AWESOME to hear Blackened Crown, I was pretty bummed out that it got cut from the setlist by the time my show rolled around on last years tour, when I heard they would be playin it I was stoked, only to be terribly dissapointed.

Jared x
Lost at Forum

juan_diego wrote:
Sadly, I doubt we will ever hear that intro again.

Why do you say that? It was so wonderful! Absolutely beautiful. And well-received based on other comments here at the boards.
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Just a guess, but as an opening act I think there's almost zero chance of hearing anything obscure this time around. This is an opportunity to get new fans so I'd expect a heavy dose of the 'singles' (Invasion, Marvy Things, even Telescope Eyes) and new songs.
juan_diego
Sea Post King

Jared x wrote:
juan_diego wrote:
Sadly, I doubt we will ever hear that intro again.

Why do you say that? It was so wonderful! Absolutely beautiful. And well-received based on other comments here at the boards.

Oh belive me I couldn't agree with you more my friend. I am in love with that intro as much as you are. I even started a whole thread last year about how I thought it should be recorded and released on an EP or an iTunes exclusive or something. Unfortunately I have come to accept what a lot of folks on here told me. That intro, epic as it may be, was a one time thing. Simply created to refresh a song they had been playing for a couple of years, a beautiful peice of unique music that will more than likely never be hearg again. Similar to the "Machines Are for the Birds" intro that Stacy did for Lady of the Wood on the Winter West tour.

emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

omg over the mountains and mr. pine pleez!!!!!!
kitty anne
Sea Post King

What do you think they would do if someone asked them to play Pretender? I was just wondering, since it's so old and, unlike the other songs on ep1, was not on ep2.
juan_diego
Sea Post King

kitty anne wrote:
What do you think they would do if someone asked them to play Pretender? I was just wondering, since it's so old and, unlike the other songs on ep1, was not on ep2.

Chauntelle and Sherri would probably throw their guitars at that person. VIOLENTLY!

kitty anne
Sea Post King

I think that's funny!
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Where was it said that Ambulance won't be played until a headlining tour? I've heard nothing meantioned about that. I hope they stuff their set with new songs. That's what I want to hear. I also would love to hear them do an updated version of Pretender.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
juan_diego
Sea Post King

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
Where was it said that Ambulance won't be played until a headlining tour? I've heard nothing meantioned about that. I hope they stuff their set with new songs. That's what I want to hear. I also would love to hear them do an updated version of Pretender.

I belive Sherri said it on Twitter when she was having people ask her questions about the new album.

EDIT:
@wiresandwaves "a think yall will do Ambulance on nxt tour & is it painful or joyous to hear it?"- Probably on winter headlining tour. Both.
4:53 PM Aug 13th from web in reply to wiresandwaves

Last edited by juan_diego on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

kitty anne wrote:

They hate that song.