Laughing City
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

i first saw it in the marvelous things video. It has duck tape. I bet she feels every crack and break. Poor keyboard.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

that ain't a regular keyboard, it's a rhodes electric piano

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

I WANT IT!

juan_diego
Sea Post King

i kick myself in the a$$ every damn day for EVER letting mine go. Mad

i miss it terribly. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

boyd
Eisleyoid

Probably seems silly to say at this point but Stacy's Rhodes belonged to Don Henley (Eagles). Crazy, huh...

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^Then her Rhodes should be honored with the talent upgrade it's gotten to experience late in life Very Happy

Not that Don Henley isn't a super successful and talented guy, I just like Eisley infinitely better than the Eagles.

Life in the Fastlane and Dirty Laundry are guilty pleasures though.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

boyd wrote:
Probably seems silly to say at this point but Stacy's Rhodes belonged to Don Henley (Eagles). Crazy, huh...

Wow, how cool is that..!? Smile From "The Boys of Summer" to the "The Girls of Tyler "... That's one lucky Rhodes Wink

Last edited by Dan and Sam on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:01 am; edited 2 times in total
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

juan_diego wrote:
i kick myself in the a$$ every damn day for EVER letting mine go. Mad

i miss it terribly. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

it looks beautiful. you poor fool! =P

boyd wrote:

haha me and my friend brought that up a while ago and said that's one lucky piano

boyd
Eisleyoid

wilsmith wrote:
^Then her Rhodes should be honored with the talent upgrade it's gotten to experience late in life Very Happy

Not that Don Henley isn't a super successful and talented guy, I just like Eisley infinitely better than the Eagles.

This gave my head great joy. Eisley more than the Eagles. woah that's huge. I have never been a huge Eagles fan either but was into Joe Walsh's first band in the 70's called "James Gang". Still - guilty pleasures certainly include "Desperado" and... others i can't think of right now... maybe the live version of "Hotel California".

Wait, who's beautiful Rhodes is this pictured and why did you sell it?!!!! ahhhh!!!!!!

boyd
Eisleyoid

This got posted years ago... when stacy was 6 or so. Smile Can't find the original which is sharper. This one got uploaded to a twitter image site. In Beaumont and i don't have my fat hard drive hooked up. One eye say's it's blurry tho'.

anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

I TRIED getting a picture of the Rhodes in San Francisco when it came out during set up but I was smushed against the way front and was basically standing right under it.
Not good for pictures, but extremely happy/excited that it has returned.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ Rhodes, Electric Piano, and Hammond B-3's, three of the reasons I will never throw 70's music under the bus. Those tones are just unparalleled if you want vibe and groove.

love me some overdriven guitar, but, like a lot of folks on here, I will admit that the Rhodes is the ace in the hole on a lot of Eisley tracks. It's that extra something.

And as far as the Eagles, I woulda copped to Desperado, but I flinched cause when they ran that miniseries in the 80's they played it to death (or was it a movie of the week?) And my Mom had a music box that played Hotel California so I knew it there before I ever heard the song. When I finally did I was like "OH!!!, That's A Song???" Confused

The Hell Freezes Over version is a masterwork, I'll admit that much. It's a cool song, but radio loved it, well loved it to death. The original was ubiquitous, and when that new version came out, time folded in itself under the strain of the repeated plays on the FM band of the two versions.

Individually they are all aces, but I will always be comparing them to Stills & Young, solo and in their bands together. Stephen Stills solo and with Manassas, CSN (and somethings Y), Buffalo Springfield, the Stills Young Band, and as a session guitarist on Bill Withers, Bobby Womack, James Taylor, and countless other records puts him a whole other league for me, and Neil... Rules. I still prefer Joni's version of Woodstock though.

I don't get to ramble about stuff like this enough anymore. Anyways, my point is:

Eisley > the Eagles
CSN (and Sometimes Y) > the Eagles

Eisley vs CSN ( and Sometimes Y) , in the interest of fairness I'll hold off on that for another 3 records or so, and not count solo incarnations.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Oshio...

I know I know that city...Does that make sense? I live in (SW) Missouri and every time I see that photo I know I recognize the name, but when looking for it on google/google maps/wikipedia cities of missouri/etc. I can't find it anywhere.

Boyd, as far as location in Missouri, do you remember where it is/was? It's now driving me insane.

oh yeah...the Rhodes...

By far the instrument that got me into Eisley. That sound hit me deeper than even the voices of the girls. I remember the first time I saw the band live and it was brought on stage...I couldn't wait to hear the sounds live. Glad they've kept it in the live set since. The rhodes will always be apart of Eisley in my eyes. I still don't think I've heard anything as great live. If the girls' voices are the lungs of Eisley, with Weston and Garron being the beat of the heart, and the Chauntelle/Sherri's guitars being the guts, the keys of the rhodes are the veins that intertwine and connect every part together. And it's usually the first thing people ask about when introducing them to the band. "What is that?" It's on a level of its own.
juan_diego
Sea Post King

boyd wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

This gave my head great joy. Eisley more than the Eagles. woah that's huge. I have never been a huge Eagles fan either but was into Joe Walsh's first band in the 70's called "James Gang". Still - guilty pleasures certainly include "Desperado" and... others i can't think of right now... maybe the live version of "Hotel California".

Wait, who's beautiful Rhodes is this pictured and why did you sell it?!!!! ahhhh!!!!!!

It was mine, and I sold it because I got to a point where I literally had ZERO dollars in the bank and I was desperate. Sad

I was able to sell it for $300 more than I payed for it. Not like that makes me feel any better. I haven't been able to find one in my area since. What a fool I am.

OH. MY. GODDDDD!!!!!! I WANT IT BACK!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Xiea70Q5I

boyd
Eisleyoid

wilsmith - brilliant reply. brilliant i say. hard to add or take away one word so I will leave it.

oliez - man. man alive. i don't actually know. It was this dude name Thomas... I mean, it was his Dad who worked on them. Thomas was from a band who used to be called The Elms. I think they still play music.

juan_diego - no shame. don't look back. you did what you needed to do at the time and that's that... we just sold a lot of gear because it was just in the way and we applied the $ to new amps, new gear. The band will miss some of their first instruments for sentimental reasons but... meh... hey, you can get another Rhodes some day.

i like the forum better than my journal. i might annex the forum function and make it interactive. Or just kill it and post over here.