Laughing City
Catey
Lost at Forum

I love Oxygen Mask from the clip and hearing the whole song, I still love it - I imagine it would be great background music for an episode of Grey's Anatomy.

For real I am excited for Better Love, I Wish (a song I am imagining I will repeat on my iPod a few dozen times to be honest) and Please.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Mystic210 wrote:
For me "I Wish," but I really can't think of a song I'm NOT excited to hear!

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I'm assured that even on the songs we've heard, the recorded version will be a new listening experience to enjoy! (That seems obvious, but was proven to me on a song like "Smarter." I enjoy all the little nuances in the recorded version that is hard to reproduce/hear live.)

Totaly agree!

marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

Catey wrote:
I love Oxygen Mask from the clip and hearing the whole song, I still love it - I imagine it would be great background music for an episode of Grey's Anatomy.

This.

http://inconnumag.com
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

I couldn't tell enough from those awful amazon clips to answer here before now.

BUT that has all changed.

I don't know whether its fair to say that a song I've heard is "anticipated", but I went looking for a couple of recent show clips mostly to check out Sheri's new Jazzmaster in action, and stumbled across Mr. Moon.

I don't know if it isn't becoming my favorite Eisley tune yet!

It's the first thing I've heard from them in a long time that really has a good measure of classic Eisley vibe to it. I knew they still had it in them.

They've had some good songs, but this one is of a Memories/Blackened Crown/OTM/HATS kind of magnitude, but with the benefit of their current maturity.

I guess the "anticipation" now is really trepidation- hoping that the production and mix didn't screw up the album version too badly. The live rendition is absolutely exquisite. It's got pretty much everything, and it all comes together beautifully. It's close to being the perfect Eisley track imo.

And thanks to those who posted the clips.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
I think the band will be playing 2 new songs on the Rooney tour. Well, i know. Tonight i went to drop off Christie at rehearsal... Eisley was essentially finished, Mark was trying to get them off stage; they kept hem-hawing around and finally said, "we wanna play a song for dad, ok?" I was seriously floored by "Mr Moon". Sounds just like the record. And another new one. I'll stop rambling. I can't wait for tomorrow night's show!

You must not have noticed that Boyd mentioned that they called him in when they were done with rehearsals for the Brewtones show to play something for him, and it was Mr. Moon and he said it was EXACTLY like the version on the Album? Hope that makes you feel a little less trepidation. It's on the 1st page of comments to the 1/27/2011 Trolleywood post.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

wilsmith wrote:

You must not have noticed that Boyd mentioned that they called him in when they were done with rehearsals for the Brewtones show to play something for him, and it was Mr. Moon and he said it was EXACTLY like the version on the Album? Hope that makes you feel a little less trepidation. It's on the 1st page of comments to the 1/27/2011 Trolleywood post.

If the album version sounds anything like that live clip, the song definitely deserves some pushing.
What I'd worry about is whether the rhythm section comes through in the album mix quite the way it does live. And particularly thats a song that you could easily flatten and kill with too much dynamic compression, and ironically exactly the kind of song where the temptation to do so would be irresistible to lots of commercially oriented industry mavens.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The new standard for pushing a song these days is getting them to do it on GLEE. Neutral

I have never been a fan of musical theater ever. It just never clicked with me. Pop culture needs a plan B right about now. I wish I knew of another way for Eisley songs to get the attention they are meriting. I'm really feeling more than ever that music has been made more disposable than ever.

That Black Keys vs. Vampire Weekend stopped being funny when I was watching the pregame yesterday and heard ANOTHER Black Keys song from Brothers and one from the Blacroc. I don't know why it made my heart sink a little, but it did. Not as much as it did when I was done watching my movie and turned on the Halftime Show. Seeing the Black Eyed Peas struggling validated my hateresque disinterest in them when I was still a Hip Hop DJ and didn't really want to play any of their stuff off Behind the Front or anything that followed. I little part of my soul died yesterday Sad

So I am going to especially enjoy The Valley but I'm dreading the thought that The Valley is really the Marketplace.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
MyPioneer
Sea Post King

I'm super excited about 'Sad', 'Better Love' and 'Please'!