Laughing City
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Nowhere Man wrote:
princesstripandfall wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
Polaris wrote:
I can distinguish between Stacy and Sherri's voices pretty easily, and their lyrics a little less so, but what I'm having trouble with now is distinguishing Chauntelle's voice from Stacy's.

Yeah, supposedly Chauntelle sings one of the choruses on I Wish, but if she does I can't tell which one.

She sings every chorus and the "oh woah woah" thing after the last one. I can easily distinguish between all of their voices and Stacy and Sherri's writing styles. I think one of the things I appreciate most about The Valley is the mixing. In "Watch It Die" and "Please" especially, there are places where the switch from one singer to another is seamless and surprising. Very Happy

Wait, what? She sings every chorus on I Wish? I'm talking about I Wish not Watch It Die.

Oh, just kidding. Sorry, I'm studying and a little scatterbrained. Laughing But, yeah, anyway, she sings the lowest vocal part on the chorus in I Wish. Pretty sure.
Catey
Lost at Forum

I just wanted to say I've always been more fond of Stacy's voices, when I first heard Room Noises 'Golly Sandra' and 'ODISFA' were my favourite songs so that may have something to do with my original favouring but on ep 2 and 3, I am still leaning more so toward Stacy's vocals.

I love Sherri's - Mr Moon would not sound the same (granted it wouldn't sound bad....but different) if Stacy sung it; there are some songs the girls vocals just suit more. I think I just prefer Stacy's warmer vocal tones whereas Sherri hits the nail on the head for the songs when she wants to make you cry a little bit inside.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Catey wrote:
I just wanted to say I've always been more fond of Stacy's voices

She has more than one? I knew she was talented, but man! Wink

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Who wrote which song? Is there a list of credits anywhere online?
norad
Vintage Newbie

Jared x wrote:

The Valley written By Stacy
Smarter written by Sherri
Watch It Die written By Stacy
Sad written by Sherri
Oxygen Mask written by Stacy
Better Love written by Sherri
I Wish written by Stacy & Sherri
Kind written By Stacy
Mr. Moon written by Sherri
Please written by Sherri
Ambulance written by Stacy
juan_diego
Sea Post King

Jared x wrote:

Ah, Nora beat me to it, haha!

Where are we getting this information about I Wish being written by Stacy and Sherri?

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

^Francesca gave a link to download the lyrics and it says who wrote what. It said they both wrote it.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

In my opinion, Stacy is a better vocalist AND songwriter, judging from who wrote what on The Valley. Sad and Please are really the only songs I like that Sherri contributed to the album (besides her co-writing on I Wish)

Can't wait for Stacy's solo album.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

the cd also has what tracks are written by whom on it.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Jain
Sea Post King

If there's one thing The Valley has solidified, it's that (I really hope nobody in or related to the band reads this) Stacy has all but ruined my enjoyment of the band.

There's a direct correlation in most of the songs between how much input she had in the song, and how much less I like that song than the other, non-Stacy songs. I just don't care for the melodies she writes anymore, at all.

Unfortunate and harsh, but true.. I enjoyed Eisley's music more when there was less of a difference between Sherri and Stacy's voices.

But on the bright side, I still really like most of Sherri's songs a lot!
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

^ A huge number of their fans actually prefer Stacy's stuff to Sherri's. I'm not saying either is less talented cause, Lord knows, I envy their abilities quite often.

I actually don't prefer one over the other. I love what they both bring to the table because they're starting to venture out a few different ways but not outside of the Eisley realm. Also, it's funny that you say you like when you couldn't tell them apart, but Stacy's the one sticking closer to the style of when they sounded more alike than Sherri is. Sherri's kind of sprinting away from it. Not that it's bad, cause it's not. Mr. Moon is the only song that Sherri wrote on the new album that remotely sounds as whimsy as their early WB years.

Now, Stacy doesn't really write anything that sounds like it was taken from that era on this album, except, maybe for Kind, but much more updated, but her stuff still sounds closer to their early WB days, imo, just with a lot of strings added into it. It's just an observation.

I actually love the dual tones of this album. I feel like they really kicked it up a few notches that makes you go, "Ooh, pretty." and then right after, you go, "Whoa, rock out." It almost bounces back and forth between the two. I think it makes for quite a fun album.

I really don't understand the Stacy hating, though. I've always admired her cause she's a freaking musical genius. I can honestly say, I've learned more from her piano parts that she writes than when I took 6 years of piano lessons. The chord switches she wrote in "The Valley" are freaking incredible. She really knows how to utilize a piano. I'm being serious. I took piano for 6 years and wouldn't have been able to play the new stuff off the album but because I play by ear, I figured out Eisley songs and with each album, she kept digging in deeper. So, thanks for that, Stacy.

On the other hand, I've taught myself guitar from learning Eisley songs. My brother taught me a dew basic chords and I've figured out the rest. I'm not a great guitarist, but I'm much better than I used to be, again, thanks to Eisley. (However, Just Like We Do was a great inspiration to learn the guitar. I can almost play all of it now, but still haven't mastered it because it's freaking complicated. Dang you, Stacy for writing such complex pieces.)

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

Last edited by The_Paronomasial_Mattoid on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

i have to say i prefer stacy's singing and songwriting over sherris. i just like her style when it comes to writing. and vocally, i just really love her voice. of course sherri is extremely talented.. but stacy just suits my tastes better. not knocking sherri or anything at all.
and yes, i am stoked for stacy's solo album!!!

-Mae West
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

I adore both of the gals writing/singing as it keeps album, or if they write together, the song, funky (the good kind) and different. I can only imagine what it'll be like if Chauntelle decides to write bits and pieces! How exciting.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

^ I really want to hear what Chauntelle writes cause I really think a third style of writing could really put them at the top of their game. Seriously. She was working on stuff for The Valley but said she didn't like any of it so she tossed it. I really hope she'll write songs for their next album.
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

Kylee Janai wrote:
I adore both of the gals writing/singing as it keeps album, or if they write together, the song, funky (the good kind) and different. I can only imagine what it'll be like if Chauntelle decides to write bits and pieces! How exciting.

i agree, i'm REALLY looking forward to the day when chauntelle starts writing her own stuff/singing full songs.
she has soo much to offer in that department!

and to build on my last point. though i may prefer stacy's style, what i love about eisley is what both stacy and sherri bring to it. that's why i'm so excited for stacy's solo album, because i know it'll be much different than eisley.
also, i notice that both stacy and sherri have a kind of 'niche' they fit into. where some songs i really love that sherri (or stacy) wrote/sing on, but i absolutely cannot imagine the other one singing for it. i just happen to go for the stacy ones.

-Mae West