Laughing City
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

the dude is Josh T. Pearson. from Dallas. Very talented musician. Very enigmatic fellow, too. His band Lift to Experience made one of the best records of the 2000s--the Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads.

but are these ladies the bizarro-world Eisley? Wink

when i was invited to Trolleywood, this is what I expected papa DuPree to be....

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Ehhh... no? They're skinny and pretty and wearing dresses, but that's where the resemblance ends. I haven't heard his music. Do they sing backup and do transcendent harmonies? Are they even in his band, or was this just a photoshoot gimmick?

Girls in bands who happen to be from Texas ≠ Eisley.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

it's not a band. just models.

and it's a joke, based upon the previous discussion of image (and the dour, serious looks seen in Eisley promo photos)

ps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro_World

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I know what Bizarro World is.

Sorry for my lack of catching on, but there have been so many "these girls remind me of Eisley!" threads over the years that my first reaction is automatically "STFU". Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I would think person who would be most likely to have an issue with how they're depicted in the pic is Mr. Dupree. He never struck me as going for the Rob Zombie look Laughing but that might serve him as their Manager, he could scare them into some sweet deals Peter Grant style.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
boone
Vintage Newbie

Those girls look genuinely frightened of that shotgun-wielding maniac hobo. What a weird promotional technique.
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

wilsmith wrote:
I would think person who would be most likely to have an issue with how they're depicted in the pic is Mr. Dupree. He never struck me as going for the Rob Zombie look Laughing but that might serve him as their Manager, he could scare them into some sweet deals Peter Grant style.

well...when i met him i had never even heard of him...and after writing a bad review...he invites me to his house....i accepted...but i left a paper trail!

JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Wouldn't bizzaro-Eisley be smily and outgoing?
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. Laughing

Smokemonster
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

JBaker wrote:
Wouldn't bizzaro-Eisley be smily and outgoing?

ding ding ding!

you see what i did there? i was testing ya.

some passed!

others...not so much!

dangerous
Sea Post King

This thread makes no sense to me D:
norad
Vintage Newbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnXOAWoNADw
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

dangerous wrote:
This thread makes no sense to me D:

The Caterpillar and Alice looked at each other for some time in silence: at last the Caterpillar took the hookah out of its mouth, and addressed her in a languid, sleepy voice.

`Who are you?' said the Caterpillar.

This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. Alice replied, rather shyly, `I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'

`What do you mean by that?' said the Caterpillar sternly. `Explain yourself!'

`I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, sir' said Alice, `because I'm not myself, you see.'

`I don't see,' said the Caterpillar.

`I'm afraid I can't put it more clearly,' Alice replied very politely, `for I can't understand it myself to begin with; and being so many different sizes in a day is very confusing.'

`It isn't,' said the Caterpillar.

`Well, perhaps you haven't found it so yet,' said Alice; `but when you have to turn into a chrysalis--you will some day, you know--and then after that into a butterfly, I should think you'll feel it a little queer, won't you?'

`Not a bit,' said the Caterpillar.

`Well, perhaps your feelings may be different,' said Alice; `all I know is, it would feel very queer to me.'

`You!' said the Caterpillar contemptuously. `Who are you?'

Which brought them back again to the beginning of the conversation. Alice felt a little irritated at the Caterpillar's making such very short remarks, and she drew herself up and said, very gravely, `I think, you ought to tell me who you are, first.'

`Why?' said the Caterpillar.

Here was another puzzling question; and as Alice could not think of any good reason, and as the Caterpillar seemed to be in a very unpleasant state of mind, she turned away.

`Come back!' the Caterpillar called after her. `I've something important to say!'

This sounded promising, certainly: Alice turned and came back again.

`Keep your temper,' said the Caterpillar.

`Is that all?' said Alice, swallowing down her anger as well as she could.

`No,' said the Caterpillar.

Congratulations
Sea Post King

Bizzaro-Eisley toured with Hilary Duff in 2005, made an award winning science fiction-based video in the Nevada desert for their "Invasion" single in 2007, and has songs on all three soundtracks for The Twilight Saga film series (which features Stacy Dupree as Alice Cullen).
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia