Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
mr pine wrote:
and i found I can't "give" them away. as there is no "link" to send. its click and download.

which is kind of bunk.

Yeah, what a shame they're not letting you use their server space, which they pay for, to distribute free copies of music that is for sale! Rolling Eyes

woah, past instances aside where this seemed to be the case.

my understanding was it would be a one time download link, or a code.

and if you read my previous post, you would of seen that I was giving my download to a friend. A friend. one. singular.

now that I have two. I might give them to two friends.
and in this case, it is not pirating. as i bought them and can give them away as i please.
just as if i gave away two copies of the cd. not that i have to justify myself to you.
as it stands, he is a friend i trust so i could forward the email. but i might just download the file and put it in his drop box. that might be easier.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
tungsten
Sea Post King

#64 on Itunes 100, #15 Alternative!!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:
And a tip for people still waiting for the download.
Sucre wrote:
Just a heads up, if you are missing your digital download from the preorder, check your spam folder. Gmail thinks we are spam!

Hopefully that helps.

... Neutral

I feel safer saying this here, rather than reply on FB, which I considered doing, but if gmail thinks they're spam, Yahoo mail doesn't think they exist at all, cause I got nothin'.

But I didn't expect a DL' cause I just bought the cd and cd alone, so I'm not going to complain about that. I am a little bummed that the Topspin Media Live Receipt says that with nearly 4 weeks lead time they couldn't ship the cds to arrive by the release date, meanwhile good old Ryan O'neal from Sleeping at Last is tweeting a picture of his copy. Sad

I just hope that it was a breakdown with the Live Receipt system and my cd will show up in the mail sooner than next monday at the earliest (which is 5 business days).

Also, since I am abstaining from the stream, could a fellow Sleeping At Last & Jeremy Larson fan contrast A Minor Bird with Story Boards and They Reappear? I am totally expecting it to sound like a combination of those two records.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

I haven't gotten it either. I waited a while and ordered the last day of March, 11 days ago. Maybe it is some kind of staggered release to keep the server from being overloaded? They should make a statement if this is the case. If you tell people their purchase includes something, then the customer is entitled to that. Since this is their first time relasing something and it's on their own, I am guessing there are some bugs to work out. I have seen multiple people on FB and Twitter say that they haven't gotten a download link and Jeremy replied to one, so they are aware.
tungsten
Sea Post King

I have gotten the download link, though I preordered the vinyl package. Check your original receipt email, where the download of when we were young appeared just in case.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

In my original receipt email there was no download link for When We Were Young, so there's that. Neutral

Mail ran and I got a cd I ordered I placed on 4/5 from a vender in CO via Amazon. Just puts it in perspective when getting used cds is easier then getting new ones in the current marketplace. Indie distribution can be a challenge. But once the product is out there, getting it via resale is a cakewalk.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
oathmeal
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:

Also, since I am abstaining from the stream, could a fellow Sleeping At Last & Jeremy Larson fan contrast A Minor Bird with Story Boards and They Reappear? I am totally expecting it to sound like a combination of those two records.

I think that your prediction is pretty accurate. I can hear a lot of both of those albums in A Minor Bird. Almost a hybrid of the two.
norad
Vintage Newbie

Has this all been confirmed? I still think that only the Red Velvet pre-orders get the email with the download (and the digital orders, of course). I got the email at exactly 12am EST. I ordered both the Red Velvet package and the CD and only got one email (for the Red Velvet package). If you were going to get the email, you would have gotten it at midnight. Cool
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Norad, I hate to report that I have indeed confirmed it. I was hoping that it was just twitter chatter from Jeremy that they didn't burden themselves with having to live up to by making it official... but they did http://sucreofficial.com/news/questionsanswers-regarding-preorder/

for the non-clickers, here's the full text in itsy bitsy font

Hi all!! We wanted to respond to some of you as we appreciate your support and were notified of a few concerns and questions about the pre-orders. Hopefully the below will help with anything. Otherwise feel free to always ask anything on twitter @sucremusic and one of us will try to respond in a timely manner.

Because we are 100% self-funding the project between the three of us, we hope you understand and are patient with any issues that may come about. We would not be able to do this without all of you and it means everything seeing your tweets and comments daily! I hope you all can make it out to the shows and love the album even a small percent as much as we do!

1) The Red Velvet limited bundle is in fact limited. Elsie designed all of these items for us herself and we only made 100. Once they are gone they will be out of print. (By the way, I believe there are only about 10 left…)
-Note there might be a few items we have extras of and if that is the case we will make those available at the cheapest possible cost at the shows and on the site.

2) Shipping is a bit expensive but we hope you understand those are the shipping costs and not anything we bill or a fee we pay. The bundle will ship in two packages because of the size of the 18×24 poster and we want to deliver it in a tube so it is in perfect condition for you as well as protect the vinyl!

3) TopSpin will be handling all of the orders and they are a great company. The fee we pay them comes out of our pocket never yours as the consumer. If shipping seems to be far too high for you see if someone can get you a CD at one of the shows!

4) We will be playing shows over the course of the next year and will continue to book more and more. This is not a “side project” by any means!!! We hope to announce the ones we have 99% booked in the next week or so. We have some special things planned for the Los Angeles trip!

5) The vinyl will in fact be available independent from the bundle. As of now it is only available to pre-order at the Eisley and Sucré dates. Please take note that it is still in production and we hope to have it the week after release to ship to everyone. At that point we will put the remaining vinyl up in the site and at the shows for sale.

6) A digital copy of A Minor Bird will be delivered to your inbox around 12AM Tuesday, April 10, 2012. Anyone who orders the CD or the bundle will get that since the deliveries may be a bit later and we want you to be the first to have the music!!

7) iTunes and Amazon will both have the album on release day so please help us spread the word on release day!!!

There are a few other announcements you’ll have to wait a bit for

Thanks everyone!

and of course this info has already been posted, link and all, as a quote from jeremy via sucre'-offical but not with the full text, just an excerpt of #6 (Nowhereman was on his p's and q's), so there you go. it was posted on their site 3/28/12, so a fortnight ago...

The worst part of the music business is the business part. Having to put out little fires to keep people happy is no fun at all. A lot can happen in 2 weeks so I'm content patiently waiting for my cd, but I can see others getting persnickety. Again, I invoke the alternative pronunciation of the band name for this chomping at the bit sans patience.

Last edited by wilsmith on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

That's weird then! I did just text Body to see if he knew or could find out what's going on. Something must not have gone right with the CD pre-order then.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Yeah, I preordered just the CD and did not receive a download code, though I was expecting to...

Since I preordered, even though I like the "first listen" experience, I did indulge on the stream, so I'm not so full of fire. But for the record...nothing came for me yet either.
juan_diego
Sea Post King

I woke this morning expecting to find an e-mail for my digital download, but didn't. I ended up just buying it on iTunes. It's definitely worth it. As for the physical CD, I'll get it when I get it. Smile

The entire album is amazing, but, Chemical Reaction and Stampede; I CAN'T EVEN WITH ALL THE FEELS!!!!!!!!

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I asked Jeremy about it earlier and he said he'd look into it, so I'm guessing we're supposed to get the download of it.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

yea thats so wierd as I ordered both the red velvet and the physical cd, and I got two downloads.

which is odd as it is the same thing (i dled them both).

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
norad
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
yea thats so wierd as I ordered both the red velvet and the physical cd, and I got two downloads. which is odd as it is the same thing (i dled them both).

I got two downloads as well but it from the Red Velvet order and all within one email attached to the Red Velvet order receipt (I ordered the CD separately a few days later). They were not the same format though. One was MP3 and the other was M4A.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>