Laughing City
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

If any of you are Beatles fans you know that the song One After 909 on the album Let It Be was originally recorded for their first album Please Please Me but never made the cut.
On the Anthology series they released the full original studio recording of that Please Please Me track. It was strange to hear a song they had recorded 7 years prior sound so different than the one released.

With that in mind, i have been listening to pre LC Eisley alot. And it would be amazing if they rerecorded Sleepy Head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx7q_JW-DHo

Its such a good song, even this old one sounds good. But a new recording would be amazing.

Any older songs you'd like to see them redo?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
hallmark
Sea Post King

Sleepy Head would be great to hear rerecorded. Maybe Pretender or Cobalt....something old that they could change up a bit.

I imagine it would be difficult to go back and work on something you wrote at such a young age. I just completely ignore most of the poems I wrote as a teenager now haha.

drinkthewater
Sea Post King

I'd love to have a real recording of Silver Bugs Smile
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Everything up till Laughing City, and then I would like to see them rerecord Room Noises and Combinations the way THEY wanted to arrange the songs.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

You will kind of get your wish with the full album online concerts if they happen, but I think it said they are acoustic.

Related band Quiet Company recently just totally re-recorded their debut album. I think he mostly did the original by himself, but now he's redone it with the full band that it has become.

There is also the negative side. When this is usually done it's because an older label owns the original recordings so they record again to try to 'trick' people. I bought an Everly Bros Best of record assuming it was the original recordings. It sounded really close, but I knew something was off. Same thing with country artist, John Anderson. I wanted a greatest hits comp, so I did research and the reviews would say they are not original recordings.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

That's a great point. I've experienced that with a lot of vintage recordings because the singles that artists made their names with may have been one off recordings for a small imprint, or later hits were done after one label transition, but before another, and the rights are hard to secure.

I have only one particularly uninspiring example, and it's from hip hop. EMPD released two cd inclusive of a new album and a greatest hits disc, but since their first two albums were with Sleeping Bag and Priority records, and the rest with Def Jam, they rerecorded the older songs, and "phoned in" the vocals. In some cases they changed lyrics when appropriate, but other times they didn't seem capable of taking the process seriously. Partly because of how basic the recording process was at the start of their career and how it paled in comparison to what they were doing with digital recording. You can almost hear them chuckling as they realize how bare bones and dated their hits are in comparison.

As far as Room Noises and Combinations, the acoustic shows will be nice, and a great way to showcase their vocal and musical maturation. The thing that gets me thinking about rerecording is that if they own the rights to the songs, but not their masters, it will give them the freedom to release those recordings in whatever format they please and prosper, so long as there's not a clause in their contract along the lines of a no-compete clause or something to that effect. Also I would love to hear what excluded songs they might have wanted to included on those albums, and which they would cut if any.

I remember Boyd posting about it Room Noises potentially being a double album, and I would love to see what that would have looked like. Then he shot that down and talked about a potential quick follow-up, and I would love to see what that album might have constituted, since it would have been made up of tracks written during the Room Noises sessions and prior.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Well room noises ten year anniversary is coming up. Perhaps they might rerecord it for that. That's assuming they wanna do something special for it and WB won't relent the masters.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
mandy
Sea Post King

That would be totally awesome as a 10 year anniversary thing! I think it would be really interesting to hear what they intended them to be and see whether its what we would have expected or not.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

And I mean, they have a freakin home studio now. It makes me stoked that they've been actively utilizing it. They have plenty of time to do whatever they want recording wise. Also, I'd love to finally hear a nice quality recording of Mr. Pine and Lady of the Wood.

It'd be cool if they redid cobalt, dream for me, and blackened crown. Hearing becoming you expanded would be awesome too. Random, I use to think blackened crown was blackened "clown" =P

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
oathmeal
Sea Post King

I'd love to hear a studio version of Lady of the Wood now. Or a rerecorded version of Mr Pine.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Silver Bugs
Mr. Pine
Lady of the Wood
Blackened Crown

In no particular order.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
oathmeal
Sea Post King

^Ooh I forgot about Blackened Crown. I'd love to hear that one too.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
With that in mind, i have been listening to pre LC Eisley alot. And it would be amazing if they rerecorded Sleepy Head
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx7q_JW-DHo

I like the video of the vampire with bouncy boobs better. Laughing

Sleepy Head, Blackened Crown and Mr. Pine are already recorded nicely. I'm more interested in songs that were never recorded like Lady of the Wood, Queen of Leaves, Silver Bugs etc.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

becoming you.

they can add that other verse they wrote lyrics for but never recorded

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Queen of Leaves! Yes!

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!