Laughing City
joshello

Hey,

You guys are so tight..it's so pleasing to our EARS!! THANKS for coming to Denton. I really enjoyed the show. COME BACK Soon!

love,

Josh Ello
 |  | 
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

wow, yes, i enjoyed it greatly too. Was worth the trip. MossEi.. um.. your band and Midlake are awesome!

I really enjoyed meeting one of the band members, chauntelle, and boyd and kris and "keyboard player" and noely (i really dont know how to spell that, sorry) and others. Boyd, you are too generous. THANKS!

I almost got the setlist.. sooo close

something funny that happend on the way back: I stopped at a gas station to ask for directions cause I got turned around trying to leave Denton. Then, 15 miles down the road, I realized I needed to get gas so that my car would work. So back into Denton I went.

Home safely now.. time for some sleep.

JGroove
Sea Post King

Yeah we had to go get directions on the way out too. We went into exerds(SP?) got some high caffene drinks and some cap guns to have a shoot out in the freezing cold parking lot. The show was amazing!! Midlake was a very bad ass surprise, so yeah now my girlfriend, roomate, and I have moss Eisley ep2 copies, Moss t-shirts, Moss and MidLake stickers, and Midlake LP. Felt wierd buying so much but the whole show just blew me away. Well now it is time to see if my girlfriend can shrink the XL t-shirt.
-John

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SomaSolaris
Sea Post King

man, nobody said Hi to me Sad, I was there all alone (boo hoo hoo).Except for Noli, thats only because I know him. So I wasn't completely alone the whole night.
Whatever Smile, you might have seen me, I was up front mainly, and I was wearing an Atari shirt and a black jacket.

But, wow, I was just in awe pretty much the whole show.
I just see great things for Moss Eisley(or whatever). The live show was incredible! I was just so blown away.
I'm a frequency concert goer and it's been awhile since I've actually been REALLY impressed by a band.
I congradulated some of the members afterward. I really hope I can get my radio show off the ground (Im a radio DJ for KNTU here in Denton). If I ever do I'll be playing these guys so much.

Overall, I was just very pleased and completely blown away( I'm actually listening to the EP right now). Such great talent! It's amazing. I can't wait to see where they go. Best Of Luck, they deserve every wonderful thing and more!

I REALLY hope they play more shows soon!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JGroove
Sea Post King

SomaSolaris: actually I didi see you at the show when you first came in, I was thinking about saying hi but without knowing your name I would have felt a little wierd saying "Hey Soma!" So sorry about that, on a side note I loved Stacy's PeterPan style green shirt she was wearing, I just got the whole tie into Neverland from it. Hopefully she was trying to wear a peterpan style shirt and I didn't just insult her..DOH! Very Happy
-John

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
letdowntourist
Lost at Forum

word. awesome show. mosslake shows are always the kewlest. except... it wasn't mosslake, was it? cause they aren't moss eisley... or something. i dunno. Noley... i met you and i don't know who you are on this board. i was the guy with the red sonic youth tee and the black hoodie on. boyd introduced us and i said goodnight as you were walking out the door. haha. so hey, if you're on here. which i assume you are. wow. i got my face rocked off last night. treetops = fantastic. thanks to midlake for playing paper gown! (check their message board for that funness...)

lets see... good to you see you andrew, boyd, scott, jj... anyone else i may have met and didn't realize was from the board.

i wish i had time to post more around here. you guys all rawk.

one more thought... the band needs to give serious consideration to patenting sherri's sway. i do believe it's the cutest thing on the face of the earth.

to what i did and said

piccysssssss
SomaSolaris
Sea Post King

JGroove wrote:
SomaSolaris: actually I didi see you at the show when you first came in, I was thinking about saying hi but without knowing your name I would have felt a little wierd saying "Hey Soma!" So sorry about that, on a side note I loved Stacy's PeterPan style green shirt she was wearing, I just got the whole tie into Neverland from it. Hopefully she was trying to wear a peterpan style shirt and I didn't just insult her..DOH! Very Happy
-John

That's cool. Even when people know my name they get it wrong anyway Smile
(My name is Frank Hejl by the way).It's the last name they usually get wrong because of how it's pronounced. As long as I know people are talking to me, they could call me anything they won't, within reason that is.

Hopefully more Mossboard members can meet eachother at future shows

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

wow soma, i think I was standing right next to you in the front.. I was the guy with sholder length hair.. and a black t-shirt that instructed you how to jump out of a moving car. Noley thought that was funny.

yea, midlake was a nice surprise. Even though people hyped it on the boards.. i didnt expect them to be that good.

boyd
Eisleyoid

That's a cool name/cloaking device.

Our bad for letting you escape without sucking you in to our manipulative, little musical cult...sorry. We're a pretty tight team, but sometimes, even we can't put a face with a forum name. Anyone new should always introduce themselves to me...at least that way, i can connect the dots.

Great to see everyone. What did you guys think of the venue? Dan, the owner was a sub'r nice guy. I thought it was pretty ok. The sound never behaved; Jimmy - the sound guy admitted that he was a butt to Midlake, and overall cranky- but actually, he was pretty cool. He was burning up with fevor and said his ears were stopped up; that might account for the 50,000 decibal, brain piercing, hi-mid's on the girls vox's, the wacky stacked delay effect, and the overall bad mix. It never ceases to amaze me; when it's real important for them to sound good, someone real important is there...and the sound always sucks. A senior person at Warner/Chappel Music (publishing co) flew in from LA. oh well.

Midlake's set was one of the best I've heard yet....and he was able to make them sound sweet. Why couldn't he do the same for the 2nd band?

Great to see so many cool people this weekend - got to meet Kyle, Noli, Matt....(who drove from AUSTIN), great to see Josh again, all those freinds of Jesse Hale, Bo and 2 girl friends, Jason...Andrew, Kris, JJ...and the other JJ and all the 7 Channels guys, Dannelle and the Power chicks, the guys in Pale (Christopher and the other guy - who's recording was awesome) - wait, where is this going? There were hundreds both nights. nevermind. I'll offend someone.

Jesse - that bootleg has to suck. The show wasn't good enough to let that get out. Thanks for the images. very cool.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

nice talking to everyone, as usual, last night.
boyd and the duprees (and lone wilson) rock my world.
nice talkin to ya, boyd, chauntelle, sherri, jonathan, timt., dannell, sc0tt, jeff (and of course JJ).
nice to meet ya, matt. you rock. still can't believe you drove all the way from austin.
i also saw letdowntourist (i think) and somasolaris. yay!

the show went very well. i got... oh... 14 midlake pictures... 1 midlake video... and 16 mosseisley pictures. not to mention a great picture of timt., boyd, me and chauntelle lookin' white, a few other odd pics, and a picture of jeff and "crap" <--- JJ's artistic creation at one am.

who else is really sleepy today? Rolling Eyes

OH. and one million thankyous to boyd and sherri for putting me on the guest list. Embarassed

Quote:

Great to see everyone. What did you guys think of the venue? Dan, the owner was a sub'r nice guy. I thought it was pretty ok. The sound never behaved; Jimmy - the sound guy admitted that he was a butt to Midlake, and overall cranky- but actually, he was pretty cool. He was burning up with fevor and said his ears were stopped up; that might account for the 50,000 decibal, brain piercing, hi-mid's on the girls vox's, the wacky stacked delay effect, and the overall bad mix. It never ceases to amaze me; when it's real important for them to sound good, someone real important is there...and the sound always sucks. A senior person at Warner/Chappel Music (publishing co) flew in from LA. oh well.

Midlake's set was one of the best I've heard yet....and he was able to make them sound sweet. Why couldn't he do the same for the 2nd band?

Aw! I thought the sound was fantastic! In fact, I heard somebody talking about how good it sounded. Of course, you get to see every moss show so you really know how things sound at moss shows. (and I don't really know anything about engineering that sort of thing.) Nonetheless, again, THANK YOU for playing the show. I hope you all had as great a time as everybody else on the other side of the stage. There's definately a great buzz that's been going on about the gang.
I was also impressed with the presence of members of some of Denton's great bands: Chris from the Baptist Generals, some of the Mandarin boys, and then of course our Andy 'the kid' Young of Lift to Experience fame (course, he was working the bar). Lots and lots of people . I just love seeing dan's packed like that. I'm proud of the venue as I think it's the best one that denton has to offer. And having you guys play there just made it go down in history. Much obliged. Here's to an exciting future for all of you!

ps, concerning the midlake boys, there were so many people that were blown away with them. Upon hearing that their a denton band, even more people were completely surprised and had never heard of them, so I hope that they will come back soon to Dan's Silverleaf. THANK YOU, GUYS!

again, I had an absolute blast, and I hope that you all did too. Please, if there is anythinng I can help out with in Denton, always let me know!

much lurv,
nancyshelton, pamplennui@aol.com
 |  | 
boyd
Eisleyoid

Thanks to Nancy....it was awesome...and everyone knows I'm terribly hard on sound.... everyone else said they loved it; so ignore me. It was a great time. Midlake....I caught em on tape. They're great. Denton should freak out over this band....we have been for over a year. They'll be at SXSW.
And I predict they'll be signed by someone this year.

boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

a neat picture of mosseisley taken by keyboardplayer with my camera. yay.

a neat picture of midlake taken by me.

SomaSolaris
Sea Post King

Sweet

dude. the midlake picture? i was so right next to you. ha. weird.
 |  |