Laughing City

Just for fun: Who will be attending this show?
I will.
47%
 47%  [ 26 ]
I won't.
52%
 52%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 55

ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

I know that this show is the farthest one from Texas A&M University, but it is the only one I can possibly make it to. At present, it looks as if I will get to see Eisley live for the first time. Anyhow, on to my question:

How easy is it to find the venue and what kind of parking is there? I pulled up a map and - for having never driven in Dallas - it looks like it will be pretty easy to get to.

I hope I get to go and - in hopes that my constant pleas will be noticed - I will again request that Eisley play College Station. This hope will probably never be realized... None of my favorite bands ever play here... At least I have my music collection with me...

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

yep. i'm coming.

Rolling Eyes

i wish...
ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

BNROCKS wrote:
yep. i'm coming.

Rolling Eyes

i wish...

Still, you got to see them elsewhere, right?

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

yea... but i'm an addict now. Laughing
endlessdays
Golly, Poster

I should probably preface my vote with an "unless tragedy strikes" but I'll be there. And I'm a'bringin' muh friends.
ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

endlessdays wrote:
I should probably preface my vote with an "unless tragedy strikes" but I'll be there. And I'm a'bringin' muh friends.

That's pretty much my situation... except without the friends. Unless something comes up or my parents forbid it, I'm going to be there. I need to buy a ticket still.

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

life without eisley is like having shot a butt load of heroin for months at a time and then suddenly cutting yourself off...

only..

not that extreme...

KyleRossP
Sea Post King

Gypsy Tea Room is a good club, it is easy to get to. Parking isn't difficult, but be prepared to pay $5 to-$8 for it. Also, based on the experience from the last time Eisley played there, i would suggest getting there early...WAY early....WAY WAY early. Last time, Eisley was finished with their 5-song opening set before all of the line waiting outside was inside!
This time their set is longer, about 10 songs, but still.......
Kyle
ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

KyleRossP wrote:
Gypsy Tea Room is a good club, it is easy to get to. Parking isn't difficult, but be prepared to pay $5 to-$8 for it. Also, based on the experience from the last time Eisley played there, i would suggest getting there early...WAY early....WAY WAY early. Last time, Eisley was finished with their 5-song opening set before all of the line waiting outside was inside!
This time their set is longer, about 10 songs, but still.......
Kyle

Thanks, I'll remember that if I get to go... I can't believe I never knew about them early enough to go to their shows in Tyler. I've lived closed to Tyler ever since I was a little tike.

ptah
Sea Post King

I am going to the show!!! Can't wait...

As far as getting to the venue, it is pretty easy. A few things to know, though...
The show is in the Ballroom part of the Gypsy Tea Room (there is a Tearoom side and a Ballroom side to the building). The Ballroom entrance is on Main Street, The Tea Room entrance is on Elm Street. If there is another show going on in the Tea Room that night, they probably won't let you in on that side.
Parking is available in several places around the building. I usually park in the lot across the street from the Tea room (on Elm). It is $5 or $6 to park there. Don't know how much the other places are to park.
If you are lucky enough (ie. get there early), you may be able to snag one of the parking meter spots on Elm Street itself. If I remember right, the meters only run until 10pm, so after that it's free parking. Now that I say that, I will have to check and see if that is still the case. Some meters in the Deep Ellum area have been changed in the past few months so that you can only park at them until 10pm, after that you get a ticket. I found that out the hard way.
I'll get back to you on the meters...

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

...stupid 17+

-NiQ

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I'm going to be there with one to three people in tow. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

I just ordered my ticket... and my parents said I could go... It looks like I will be there... I am excited now.
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

i'll most definately be there.

there's decent parking very close to the venue underneath the freeways. the lots are newer and well lit. Read the signs though if anyone there trys to collect a parking fee from you call the cops. Those lots are suppose to be unattended you put your money in a paybox. I wouldn't advise parking on the fringes of deep ellum where its free, its gets kind of sketchy unless you know exactly where to go.

yeah the earlier you get there the better. I don't know how popular snow patrol is but when they came with brand new the line was a sight to behold. Regardless, dallas worships Eisley (they beat out polyphonic spree for best act overall in the 2004 Dallas Observer music awards ) so there's going to be a lot of people there.

MomentumShift
Vintage Newbie

as long as its not 18+ i'll be there.

goto page
 | next >>