Laughing City

Which of the following is the best Beach Boys song?
Surfin Safari
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Fun, Fun, Fun
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Don't Worry Baby
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Wouldn't it be Nice
37%
 37%  [ 10 ]
Come Go With Me
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Sloop John B
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Good Vibrations
37%
 37%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 27

bts
Golly, Poster

I will now attempt to answer the question on everyone's mind: "What is the best Beach Boys song!?!?!?!?"

It won't be easy.

You can't just jump to conclusions on such delicate issues.

That's why I have prepared a not-exactly-scientific poll.

It is up to YOU, the Eisley faithful, to decide.

ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

sloop john b!
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

well don't really count my vote because i only like "wouldn't it be nice" because of the scene in 50 first dates when adam sandler's character crys the song while riding his boat. my friends and i like to make fun of that scene a lot Cool
Alice Wonderbra
Sea Post King

wouldn't it be nice is the only beach boys song i like. the media class wore them all out in high school (EVERY music videa they did my entire hs career was bb)
Vintage Newbie

Out of those choices, it's hard not to go with "Good Vibrations"--its arrangement is especially brilliant. However, of any Beach Boys songs, I'd have to say that "God Only Knows" is my favorite; it's definitely one of the greatest songs ever. Carl Wilson's vocals are wonderful on that one, and the harmonies during the coda are even more amazing. Brian Wilson is one of my musical heroes...
bts
Golly, Poster

bgburroughs wrote:
Out of those choices, it's hard not to go with "Good Vibrations"--its arrangement is especially brilliant. However, of any Beach Boys songs, I'd have to say that "God Only Knows" is my favorite; it's definitely one of the greatest songs ever. Carl Wilson's vocals are wonderful on that one, and the harmonies during the coda are even more amazing. Brian Wilson is one of my musical heroes...

I knew I was going to mess up the poll. I should have known to add that one because they used it in Boogie Nights.

nihilo_sanctum_estne
Sea Post King

bts wrote:
bgburroughs wrote:

I knew I was going to mess up the poll. I should have known to add that one because they used it in Boogie Nights.

you should of known to add that one because its incredible. Razz and if you were going to reference its use in a movie, i would prefer love actually. but good golly, that song was my vote too. so i just didn't vote at all.

And love all you have left like your boy used to be
Long ago wrapped in sheets warm and wet"
--neutral milk hotel
mattr
Golly, Poster

I voted for Good Vibrations, but my favorite is Forever.
bts
Golly, Poster

nihilo_sanctum_estne wrote:
bts wrote:
bgburroughs wrote:

you should of known to add that one because its incredible. Razz and if you were going to reference its use in a movie, i would prefer love actually. but good golly, that song was my vote too. so i just didn't vote at all.

I haven't seen Love Actually. Not to mention that Boogie Nights came out first and is a modern classic. I stand by my choice to reference Boogie Nights.

But yeah, I screwed up my poll. I will take responsibility for that. I shouldn't have put Don't Worry Baby, but I really like that one. Oh well, I just made this poll to get some discussion going. I have a feeling that Wouldn't It Be Nice would have the most votes anyway.

DeathRockBoy
Sea Post King

wouldn't it be nice is the best pop song ever made. so naturally, it's their best. but where's Surf's Up and Heroes and Villains? come onnnn!

i absolutely adore WIBN. it's my favorite song. ever.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Come Go with Me?

what period is that from..........the 70's?

librariman
Sea Post King

bts wrote:
nihilo_sanctum_estne wrote:
bts wrote:
bgburroughs wrote:

I haven't seen Love Actually. Not to mention that Boogie Nights came out first and is a modern classic. I stand by my choice to reference Boogie Nights.

But yeah, I screwed up my poll. I will take responsibility for that. I shouldn't have put Don't Worry Baby, but I really like that one. Oh well, I just made this poll to get some discussion going. I have a feeling that Wouldn't It Be Nice would have the most votes anyway.

ohh man...you also forgot
Funky Pretty
My Darling
Do it Again
Wild Honey
Let the Wind Blow
Heroes and Villains
4th of July
Long Promised Road
Little Bird
Can't Wait Too Long
In My Room
You Need A Mess of Help To Stand Alone
Vegetables

and all my other favorites...
Smile

Mhat
Sea Post King

I agree. Where is Heroes and Villains? THAT is my favorite Beach Boys song.
markr
Lost at Forum

bigideas wrote:
Come Go with Me?

thats not even a brian wilson song , its a doo wop hit by the del vikings from half a century ago
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

markr wrote:
bigideas wrote:
Come Go with Me?

thats not even a brian wilson song , its a doo wop hit by the del vikings from half a century ago

that's what i thought. i can hear it in my head, but not with brian wilson vocals.........although they have done several covers