Laughing City
darknightholdtight
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
guitarfreak217 wrote:
I am very glad that I joined this board. I usually never join a band's forum. I'm glad I did this time.

yeea...same...and if i hadnt of joined this bored...i like wouldnt have my best friend bret....darknightholdtight.....god i love that kid.... Very Happy....our only problem is this state called oklahoma deviding us....

darn that Okla-ja-homa

^props to Patrock^\\Myspace Patrock is the world's best big sis!
Im going to marry Hayley Williams BOO YEA!
Joined: 15 May 2005 | Posts: 1470 | Location: Mansfield,Texas
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
boyd
Eisleyoid

it's perdy cool.. there were some of you at Cornerstone that are still here.

hey. at shows, i hope i don't seem unapproachable. sometimes i'm wafting thru in a hurry - tryin' to get something to someone or solve some dumb problem or whatever. if you say hi, and i give you a smile and a "hey"... just remember, I'll feel dumber than i look, but just push past that and talk.

And never forget - if you didn't come to shows, Eisley would never get to come back. And they'd be back in their bedrooms wondering what to do with their livefs? Thus, Eisley is nothing without you. Therefore, who's most important, the fluffy baby chicken or the chocolate easter egg?

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
dude
Golly, Poster

boyd, you fake that you can't see us in the crowd.

ha it's all good.

Vintage Newbie

[quote="boyd"]it's perdy cool.. there were some of you at Cornerstone that are still here. [/boyd]

waves hand...mememememe! Wink

Quote:
Therefore, who's most important, the fluffy baby chicken or the chocolate easter egg?

So, so deep. I have so much to ponder now...
musicislove
Golly, Poster

[quote="loveisachemical"]
boyd wrote:
it's perdy cool.. there were some of you at Cornerstone that are still here. [/boyd]

waves hand...mememememe! Wink

sigh... I wish. Sad I consider myself an old school fan, but not that old school.

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
RockerChick
Sea Post King

Hi. I just wanted to say, Boyd, that your post is amazing. As somewhat of a lurker on this board, I'm regretting not posting as often as I wanted to. Thankyou for your journals and your obvious support of the fans. And thank you to Eisley for sharing your gifts with us from day to day. I haven't been able to catch a show yet, but I hope I get to in the near future! Bands like Eisley inspire me in so many ways. I have so much respect for people who pursue the arts on a daily basis just because they love what they do. I especially respect the behind the scenes folks who often work without getting the credit they deserve. I plan to study music business in college (which I get a lot of crap for), and every time someone offers criticism I point them to situations like this where the band/fan relationship is so strong that it just inspires both sides. It keeps me going. Thanks again!
darknightholdtight
Lost at Forum

boyd wrote:
it's perdy cool.. there were some of you at Cornerstone that are still here.

hey. at shows, i hope i don't seem unapproachable. sometimes i'm wafting thru in a hurry - tryin' to get something to someone or solve some dumb problem or whatever. if you say hi, and i give you a smile and a "hey"... just remember, I'll feel dumber than i look, but just push past that and talk.

And never forget - if you didn't come to shows, Eisley would never get to come back. And they'd be back in their bedrooms wondering what to do with their livefs? Thus, Eisley is nothing without you. Therefore, who's most important, the fluffy baby chicken or the chocolate easter egg?

do i get a recognition for being obsessed with your daughter....i go to shows....but i want to be know for more than that (read next in announcer voice) THE OBSESSED MAN!!!!!!! lol

^props to Patrock^\\Myspace Patrock is the world's best big sis!
Im going to marry Hayley Williams BOO YEA!
Joined: 15 May 2005 | Posts: 1470 | Location: Mansfield,Texas
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Grantticus
Golly, Poster

such a nice boy, that boyd.
rockstarcliche
Sea Post King

i think everything about this forum is completely formidable : how the fans share everything with everyone new and old, and how the journals are one of the highlights of my youthful summer days spent in an office, and how if i ever need to know anything regarding shows or lord knows what else, i don't have to go very far to look. and the forum wouldn't be possible without the band and, of course, boyd. boyd is the rock. boyd is the man. it's more than just a forum -- it's a community. so i would like to express gratitude to eisley, boyd, and the fellow fans. everyone is so supportive and great.
boyd
Eisleyoid

i never act like i don't see you guys... but at shows, sometimes i get a shout out and i look intently for a moment trying to make eye contact but there are a buzzilion eyeballs. i can't figure out with pair said, "hey boyd". and i feel sorta dumb. Sometimes I see you. that's the best.

We're up at the Vineyard... the band is getting ready to rehearse. Jon is beating out some silly but decent rhythm on this vintage snare drum... (decorum). It feels like old times. Old times was... 3 days ago. New times = Jon is hanging out... cuz he luvs us...and he's such a nice guy to help Garrron learn the parts to songs he doesn't have recordings of.

Kim is hanging old junk on the walls in the old coffee room. (formerly BrewTones) She got this really cool hUGE coffee sign. Chase & Sanborn. It's lilke 5.5 feet tall. e-bay rules.

Mark is hooking up all the new technology for Stacy... YES!! freaking amazing midi keyboard plug in called "Ivory"... it's a baby grand. Super expensive... sampled by recording every note at different places on the strings... recorded at many different impacts so it's virtual. It's powered by her new Apple thru an M-Audio interface to my Seagate 250 mg firewire drive (where the plug ins reside). It's sounding capital A. Totally gonna use it on this tour. (sorry. i'm a half gearhead/half artzyfartzy. guess that makes me a farthead)

Well. I better get work done. this isn't a journal. it's an appreciation thread. I'm telling you stuff because i figure it's a way to show appreciation. bd

I should post this in the yahoo journal. yes.

Clark
Vintage Newbie

I appreciate you telling us this.

......Farthead.

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cgar7
Vintage Newbie

Well boyd this is just the sweetest thread ever .It's nice to be appreciated even though i don't feel as if i've done much at all .I mean useless post about my exaggerated feeling for this band aren't really my idea of helping to make a band successful but what do i know . thanks for the thanks boyd ....you know one of my favorite Eisley memories is of you . the first time i saw Eisley live was at an in store and after hours of waiting and days of begging my sister to drive me to san diego it was time for eisley and the tiny little store was packed and i was up front .anyway you and beardo brought the rhodes in and i was like look it's Boyd and nobody cared LoL or they just thought i was crazy ,which is probably the real reason your not supposed to talk to strangers.as you walked by i pointed my camera and said "Boyd!" and you looked up and smiled right at me was great .

i was excited to to see this band that i love for the first time and nobody else seemed to cared that they(Eisley) were walking right passed them .it really made me feel like a total nerd.
the second time i saw eisley ,Chad came out and was getting things from the trailer and i was like oh it's Chad which was weird because when i was in middle school New found glory was huge to me and there was Chad Gilbert and i was not nearly as excited to see him as i was to see you LOL Eisley's dad wondering around outside the glass house ....
anyway i love eisley and you boyd

Here's the game of grand mistakes while floating with a fan above a nothing.The crowd is ready sides are steady you are clutching my hand, it is hurting
pauline
Sea Post King

beware ! random picture ahead ! woooo !

Very Happy

myspace
breauxman
Vintage Newbie

I love Eisley!!!

I love Boyd!!!

the whole DuPree Family (and Jon) are the sweetest, most amazing people!

Thanks, Boyd, for all that you do for us and Eisley. You truly are an inspiration.

Will you marry me? Shocked
Joined: 04 Oct 2004 | Posts: 2264 | Location: Lost and Found
boyd
Eisleyoid

what a goober. goober deluxe.
too bad I have to have a face, cuz it can get caught in a camera's lens.
i need to be like Charlie on "charlie's angels". nobody ever see's me.
just some narative goober in the background. i could wear a big monkey head mask on stage. oh wait... i don't... really have to... wear... one, do i.