Laughing City
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

Yeah...a reverse kind of Mos Eisley-instead of the band being ugly and alien, the band is beautiful, and instead of the crazy creepy aliens at the bar, they would be beautiful LA people.
And we all know beautiful LA people are sometimes inside-ugly.
That's what I see, and I'm not changing my mind.
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
niftylikenifer
Sea Post King

anyone made screencaps yet?

i'll do it if someone can tell me where to download a good, free program.

boone
Vintage Newbie

Luke's Mom wrote:
Yeah...a reverse kind of Mos Eisley-instead of the band being ugly and alien, the band is beautiful, and instead of the crazy creepy aliens at the bar, they would be beautiful LA people.
And we all know beautiful LA people are sometimes inside-ugly.
That's what I see, and I'm not changing my mind.

"We don't serve their kind here. Your Weston, he'll have to wait outside."

Jay
Golly, Poster

my comments since no one asked:

where's greedo to shoot (first) at the crappy actors?

no seriously...the dialogue takes away from the video...makes it "eh". to me anyway

PsydewaysTears
Sea Post King

—It looks like one of the oddball videos they play on LOGO that make no sense and have nothing to do with the songs they're videos for. I say it's an improvement over the Telescope Eyes video because the set and the filming were top-notch... but even for a band like Eisley, I wasn't prepared for this kind of a time and money-consuming flop. The Marvelous Things vedeo was a gem and I miss its beautiful simplicity. Please come back down to earth Eisley, please?
Vintage Newbie

PsydewaysTears wrote:
—It looks like one of the oddball videos they play on LOGO that make no sense and have nothing to do with the songs they're videos for. I say it's an improvement over the Telescope Eyes video because the set and the filming were top-notch... but even for a band like Eisley, I wasn't prepared for this kind of a time and money-consuming flop. The Marvelous Things vedeo was a gem and I miss its beautiful simplicity. Please come back down to earth Eisley, please?

The Telescope Eyes video had the best cinematography of them all, though. Anamorphic lenses...smoke...sweet.

Jay
Golly, Poster

boone wrote:
PsydewaysTears wrote:

The Telescope Eyes video had the best cinematography of them all, though. Anamorphic lenses...smoke...sweet.

i think the concept was lost though.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i got a question

whats the quality of the rip that the guy put on here. good?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Wow. So the blond was cheating on the astronaut with the other guy, and she ended up sabotaging his space suit, or the airlock, which sent him flying into the abyss.

When I saw Chauntelle first walk into view I got excited like when I see them walk onto the stage at a live performance. Was anyone else surprised to see how diminuitive Sherri looked at the beginning? Stacy, of course, hypnotic as usual. I think the guys needed a bit more screen time.

JD

PsydewaysTears
Sea Post King

boone wrote:

—I'd say that's just as subjective as my opinion. I'm one of the ones who didn't enjoy the Telescope eyes video much, at all. During the shooting are they asking themselves, "Are we making a video that's visually pleasing?" or "Are we making a video that conveys the message of the song?" or ""Are we making a video that's weird and silly regardless of other factors people look forward to in them?" or do they just get stuck with a director and go with the flow as it emerges? Weird and silly can only take us so far people. It should be used more as a tool for building than as the foundation for the entire project. But that's just me, and I'd be more disappointed if the music itself was executed poorly than when the videos are. So all in all, no big deal. It's not like good artists haven't made bad videos in the past too. Remember the eighties?

Vintage Newbie

PsydewaysTears wrote:
boone wrote:

—I'd say that's just as subjective as my opinion. I'm one of the ones who didn't enjoy the Telescope eyes video much, at all. During the shooting are they asking themselves, "Are we making a video that's visually pleasing?" or "Are we making a video that conveys the message of the song?" or ""Are we making a video that's weird and silly regardless of other factors people look forward to in them?" or do they just get stuck with a director and go with the flow as it emerges? Weird and silly can only take us so far people. It should be used more as a tool for building than as the foundation for the entire project. But that's just me, and I'd be more disappointed if the music itself was executed poorly than when the videos are. So all in all, no big deal. It's not like good artists haven't made bad videos in the past too. Remember the eighties?

That's the joy of making a 3 minute film, my friend. Lighten up.

danieldugdale
Sea Post King

ewwwww stinkk
musicislove
Golly, Poster

im really confused about how bad of a review this video is getting. Confused

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
savelatin
Sea Post King

mr pine wrote:
i got a question

whats the quality of the rip that the guy put on here. good?

That's my rip. It's right from MySpace, which AFAIK is the only version available. It's the highest quality they offer. The conversion to quicktime suffered a bit, so that one is a bit poorer - like a little blurry, but it's still OK. They're both 320 x 240.
sendoutSOScalls
Laughing Citizen

Finally!
I have been waiting FOREVER for this video. So I'm quite happy right now

well.
my thoughts:
The video was allright. Well, actually, i love eisley so i love it. but.
i thought it was pretty cheesy ....but the fact that Eisley was in it kind of made up for that. hah. welll. hm. im glad theyre fixing it.
anyway.....
astronauts.

http://www.last.fm/user/Untitled_9/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86438423@N00/
Joined: 13 Jun 2004 | Posts: 1749 | Location: In the courtyard waiting on the breeze to float after me

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>