Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
srstacy
Sea Post King

Don't be thrown off by my username, I'm not THE miss Stacy Dupree who may have re-registered with a slightly altered username, and decided to grace this thread, but nevertheless a Stacy who uses that as my last name. I do thank Stacy's parents though for spelling her name correctly, no offense to any Stacey's, Staci's or Stacie's out there.

From reading some of the messages from other newbies I see I do not quite fit into the main demographic of listeners to Eisley as I am only 14 (+30). My 15 year old daughter though fits right in there, and she is the one that "found" Eisley. She heard them on Yahoo and downloaded the music into the game "theSims2". So everytime I played the sims2 I was listening to Eisley. While playing the game I didn't want to switch modes in the game when I was listening to an Eisley song because that would cause the song to end. (what is a 44 year old guy doing playing sims2? I guess I shall never grow up, make believe is much to fun.)

After falling in love with the music I decided to look them up on the internet to see who was making this music and was amazed at how young this band is. I was especially impressed with how young Stacy was while making this music, and also of course her name. Also, now Garron is in there only a year older than my youngest daughter. I'm not surprised that there are good artists that young, but that there are good artists that young that sound that mature.

Anyway just wanted to throw my introduction in here and let you know there are some of my g-g-g-generation listening and loving Eisley's music who formerly had as favorite bands Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Rush, Heart, The Scorpions etc., all in their early days in the 70's and 80's. I quess I've mellowed a bit because now, by far, Eisley tops my list of favorite bands.

Can't wait for their new album to come out and wish they were doing a world tour over here to Korea. Sorry for the long introduction post.

S Stacy
Joined: 07 Jan 2006 | Posts: 157 | Location: Songtan, South Korea
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Wow! SRSTACY....welcome!
Thanks for the detailed post, and you are not the only one your age on here Smile
srstacy
Sea Post King

WOW! a welcome by Kimbrtones herself! I'm honored.
Yeah, I figured there were some of us old geezers on here, but I didn't look through all the posts on the newbies thread to see.
I was the 10th in the market reaserch poll for this age bracket though.
I'm doing what I can to spread the fan base, talking up Eisley at work, and we have the Room Noises cd on order with the 3 buttons which my daughter is excited about taking to school.
I'm going to have to fight her over the CD though, she said she won't let me have it in the car where I listen to CDs on the way to work because she wants to keep it in her portable CD player.
No mp3 player yet.

Well, I can easily get long winded, so thanks again for the welcome.

S Stacy
Joined: 07 Jan 2006 | Posts: 157 | Location: Songtan, South Korea
ohmordecai
Sea Post King

Good evening! I am Kristen, but I am often known as Bowie, after David Bowie. But we can just call me Kristen, how bout that? Mkay, well, I am a seventeen year old gal from North Georgia, the State, not the Country. I live upstairs in a room by the staircase. With lime green walls, yoosh. I have a rabbit named Davey, who enjoys .... rabbit stuff.

I personally have never seen Eisley live, but I tell you what, if there is anyone dying to see them, that would be me. Or living. Living to see them. Yeah. I sing their praises basically everywhere I go, and on all my blog sites. Mhm.

I am learning to play guitar, and follow the steps of my brother, who is actually really amazing. He goes to school at Freed Hardeman University... but this isn't about him! I am also learning to play hackysack. I like to chew gum and I live off of sweet tea. And yeah, I'm pretty much a nice person, and I really like to make new friends. Oh, and I love MSN messenger like a left lung.

Umm... besides Eisley, I enjoy music by Avenged Sevenfold (I know, what a jump away from each other!), and a bunch of other genres. I am just a huge music junkie. I think the only genre I really don't care for is country, but I won't shrivvle up and die if I hear it. I give pretty much anything a chance.

I think that's basically it. Is this too long? Oh well. If there is something else you'd like to know about me, just, um, send me a message. Okay, ta!

- KRISTEN.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Diana
Sea Post King

Hi I'm Diana and I'm not very new to this forum. I've been a lurker for quite some time but never bothered to register. And here I am now registered with such a creative username. I'm 15 and I love Eisley..? I've been listening to Eisley for quite some time now and I have converted a couple friends into Eisley listeners. Very Happy
Joined: 11 Jan 2006 | Posts: 129 | Location: San Jose, California
whoMEok
Sea Post King

Hey everyone!
I have been listening to Eisley for awhile and I'm in love with it. It's incredible! They have great talent and I can't stop listening to them. Hopefully, when they swing by Lawrence, KS(which I read earlier they were) I will be able to see them. Actually...I just decided I'm going no matter what. There is no way I could miss them!
Well anyways, I'm one of the some-what-younger crew I guess. If you consider 17 young. Hmm...
Well It's nice to meet everyone here. If you use aim then just send me an IM sometime if you want to chat, and If I'm on.
K bye.
Joined: 11 Jan 2006 | Posts: 13 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri
BadBobUK
Sea Post King

Hi guys...

My name is Chris, and I am very much a newbie to this forum. I discovered Eisley last year through a link on a Fiona Apple forum, and being a UK resident, I have had to go to great lengths to have copies of Room Noises, Laughing City and Marvelous Things imported. But it has been well worth every penny.

They have to be one of the most original American bands of the last decade and I think it is high time the UK public got to see them. Otherwise it is going to cost me a lot of money to come to the states to witness the magic live.

Joined: 12 Jan 2006 | Posts: 1 | Location: Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
Rose
Sea Post King

Hey there. :3 I'm new here, and new to Eisley. I got Room Noises from a friend and fell in love with it. I'm looking for their other songs. <3 I'm hoping to see Eisley in Atlanta, but we'll just have to see how it works out.
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

Rose wrote:
Hey there. :3 I'm new here, and new to Eisley. I got Room Noises from a friend and fell in love with it. I'm looking for their other songs. <3 I'm hoping to see Eisley in Atlanta, but we'll just have to see how it works out.

ATLANTA FAN!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
UselessHippo
Vintage Newbie

Greetings, I am what we nerds like to call a newb. I found Eisley through one of my friends who is radically obsessed with the band. I found I liked many of their songs, and here I am. As far as my personality goes, I'm very abrasive to some, very funny to others. (Aren't we all?) I tend to be sarcastic but I will refrain from using that here, sarcasm is lost in the transition to text.
Anyway, hope to get to know the band better, the music better, and some of you guys better.
Peace out!

Sea Post King

My name is Rick, but Woodrow is a grand name. At least, more grand than Rick. Well anyway.

I'm 18, I'm a student at the University of Washington studying architecture with a little music on the side. I'm a musician--been playing drums since I was about two. Or maybe three.

I'm not really that new...I didn't want to come blaring with that as if it might be offensive to me, but hey. I've been into Eisley since my high school junior year, right between Laughing City and Marvelous Things. I've seen them live in Seattle three times, and can't wait till the fourth this spring. I've always kind of snooped LC out, but never really signed up, but here I am. Sad, I know. But silly, too, right? Laugh, don't scold.

Here I am. Probably UW's #1 fan, except for maybe Stan Kim. He's a cool guy. He's the only guy I've met here who is as big a Eisley dork as me.

Dorks or no, Eisley makes lovely music that will forever make me fly on the inside, smile on the out.

P.S. Stacy's kinda cute.
nessa
Sea Post King

hey there, i'm nessa ..vanessa ..whatever. i only have laughing city (and i bought "marvelous things" on itunes) but it's totally rawk-awesome. Wink umm i like making graphics.. they're not the best but, hey, what do you expect? i've only been making them for like .. half a year. anyway. that's basically all you need to know. Very Happy
Laughing Citizen

i'm heather, from toronto canada. i'm 18 (turning 19 just six days after eisley's show in toronto! Very Happy)

i found out about eisley on yahoo launch thing about a year ago... i was listening to it and this awesome song came on and i did some research on the internet and found out that it was marvelous things...and i had to go out to hmv and order it in...it was expensive since it was an import...but SO worth it...since then i got all my friends to love eisley...it wasn't hard to do...i just had them listen to the cd and they were instantly hooked...

McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

Odan wrote:
i'm heather, from toronto canada. i'm 18 (turning 19 just six days after eisley's show in toronto! Very Happy)

i found out about eisley on yahoo launch thing about a year ago... i was listening to it and this awesome song came on and i did some research on the internet and found out that it was marvelous things...and i had to go out to hmv and order it in...it was expensive since it was an import...but SO worth it...since then i got all my friends to love eisley...it wasn't hard to do...i just had them listen to the cd and they were instantly hooked...
Sweet. The Marvelous Things video was my first introduction to Eisley too! Welcome!
nessa
Sea Post King

McKenzies wrote:
The Marvelous Things video was my first introduction to Eisley too!

same here! it was on, like, TVU or something.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>