62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
makes you more of an antisocial person
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

Myspace is so friken popular.....and this question sufaced in my English class yesterday.....so i wanted to know people's opinions.

i am not voting because i havent decided on my opinion yet because Myspace helps you meet people....but then most people you meet: your relationship is posting messages to each other....so when you do meet people personally it becomes harder for people to actually interact.

norad
Vintage Newbie

myspace doesn't really help me do anything.
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

i like it. it's pretty flippin' sweet. my teacher said that there are some wierd stuff on there, but you are always going to find "wierd" things on myspace and any other website or chat room
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

It's really nice for keeping up with people. And it's fun to look at pictures now and then. And fun for finding music with now and then. But all told, I spend about 10 minutes or less there ever day.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Do you mean asocial, as in someone who keeps to themselves, or antisocial, someone that commits crimes and stuff?

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
infiltrate
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
myspace doesn't really help me do anything.

Same for me, but also because I don't add/let anyone add me that I don't know personally. :/

Vintage Newbie

It doesn't really help me with anything, either. It just kind of... is there. If anything, it's a different kind of IMing for my friends and I.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I don't have a myspace account, but I will click an occasional myspace link if someone has some music they want people to listen to. A lot of good, undiscovered musicians out there. I don't think it makes me either social or antisocial.
Clark
Vintage Newbie

Neither.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

both!

more social - more music to listen to, more aware of gigs, more chatty to unsigned bands, and fans.
less social - less time with real friends. Last night, for instance, I got on the computer thinking, "i'll do 40 mins work and then phone my girlfriend". That was at 8.00. Next time I checked the clock (after doing no work) it was 9.30. Confused

And I do check my myspace every day. dunno why...

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
-Samara-
Vintage Newbie

it doesnt do anything, more so...its a time waster.

nothing better or worse.

Paranoid Android v2.0
Vintage Newbie

It can help you become more social if you use it to keep in touch with pre-existing friends and fellows.

It can help you become antisocial if you withdraw away from the real world to be with your e-friends, escluding real world relationships.

But those are two extremes.

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
juna
Sea Post King

it depends, I mean all of myspace friends I know personally, a lot of them I went to h.s. with, so it enables me to keep in touch with them, but as with anything to do with the internet you can become anti-social if that's all you do

Love & Communication
You were here for me
At this very moment
Cuz' I found you
in a phone call
Dear
You were not
hunting me
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

most of the "regulars" on my mypsace i know in real life so yeah it's a good way to keep in touch. we plan events and stuff there so.. i guess it makes me more social.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Neither. Being social on the Internet is not the same as being social in real life. Myspace hasn't changed my social life outside the Internet.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...