Laughing City
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

Funny Starbucks came up. When we were there in July we stopped at Starbucks (I guess on Broadway... in the shopping center?) and we were about 2 minutes late. The Starbuck baristas totally looked like Eisley mates.
dbell154
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
dbell154 wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Easiest way to spot Eisley in Tyler is to hang at Starbucks.
Seriously, when everyone is in town, we go there at least a couple of times a day.
I know it sounds weird, but there is not a lot to do in Tyler. We have friends that work there, and we like Starbucks. Smile

I'm guessing that would be the Starbucks on Rice and Broadway. Tyler's not a one-Starbucks town, you know.

The other ones are actually Harbucks. Very easy to mix up.

Ok, that was a lame joke. Aren't there going to be even more locations soon?

Really? More Starbucks?
Looks like we'll be getting a visit from Winter (http://www.starbuckseverywhere.net/).
Kirk
Sea Post King

I don't live in Tyler anymore, but when I did, I had only one sighting (I'm not much of a Starbucks person, otherwise I'm sure I would have had plenty). It was when I was working at Michaels. I was training a new cashier when the girls (and who I now assume to be Kim) went through the other lane. My trainee and I were dejected, more so since the other cashier didn't even know who they were.
Joined: 05 Jul 2003 | Posts: 374 | Location: Seattle, Washington
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
grandmastermagic
Sea Post King

Kirk wrote:
I don't live in Tyler anymore, but when I did, I had only one sighting (I'm not much of a Starbucks person, otherwise I'm sure I would have had plenty). It was when I was working at Michaels. I was training a new cashier when the girls (and who I now assume to be Kim) went through the other lane. My trainee and I were dejected, more so since the other cashier didn't even know who they were.

Blasphemy

"I Reject Your Reality and Subsitute My Own" - Adam Savage
MimbleWimble
Sea Post King

I'm from Tyler and I had an Eisley sighting during the Labor Day weekend. I was at Starbucks with my mom and I saw Sherri and Christie. I was glad to see they finally had a bit of a break from touring! I also had a purse with an Eisley patch on it. I was so embarrassed about it I ran back to my car and unpinned it! I didn't want to come across as a groupie for some reason..... Embarassed
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

MimbleWimble wrote:
I'm from Tyler and I had an Eisley sighting during the Labor Day weekend. I was at Starbucks with my mom and I saw Sherri and Christie. I was glad to see they finally had a bit of a break from touring! I also had a purse with an Eisley patch on it. I was so embarrassed about it I ran back to my car and unpinned it! I didn't want to come across as a groupie for some reason..... Embarassed

Aw. I don't think they care. They're not too cool for school. Maybe if you had spazzed out and started gushing loudly ... ha ha. but I think a pin is ok.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
keeplookinup
Sea Post King

i'm moving to tyler in january! i'm transferring to ut tyler to finish school and i'm really excited about it because it's 3 hours from where i grew up lol! the fact that eisley lives there is a pretty cool bonus!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

keeplookinup wrote:
i'm moving to tyler in january! i'm transferring to ut tyler to finish school and i'm really excited about it because it's 3 hours from where i grew up lol! the fact that eisley lives there is a pretty cool bonus!

Welcome to East Texas, in advance!

dbell154
Sea Post King

MimbleWimble wrote:

For some reason, I don't think of Eisley fans as groupies. Their music is just too mature, I guess. I think I understand, though.
It would be cool to get to know them better, but I heard on one of their interviews that they like being from a small town where nobody knows you. (ha ha) From the music, videos, and interviews, they sound like fun people to be around, but then while they are home, I figure it would be best for me to let them have some time off from being famous. I guess that's why they never have a Tyler concert.

Oh, yeah. Over the last few weeks I've seen several Eisley Combinations bumper snickers. Anyone know where to get one?
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Is it a rectangular sticker? Brownish? That could be the Street Team sticker.

norad
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:

Yeah, like the on in the top right?

Charl!3
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

Yeah, like the on in the top right?

Well i have that sticker and just pasted it on a magnet and put it on my back bumper Very Happy
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

dbell154 wrote:
MimbleWimble wrote:

For some reason, I don't think of Eisley fans as groupies. Their music is just too mature, I guess. I think I understand, though.
It would be cool to get to know them better, but I heard on one of their interviews that they like being from a small town where nobody knows you. (ha ha) From the music, videos, and interviews, they sound like fun people to be around, but then while they are home, I figure it would be best for me to let them have some time off from being famous. I guess that's why they never have a Tyler concert.

Oh, yeah. Over the last few weeks I've seen several Eisley Combinations bumper snickers. Anyone know where to get one?

Honestly, they don't really get too hassled anywhere that they go. I don't think it's a big deal for someone to speak to them, or say something to them, as long as the person is polite, and brief.

Also, I dropped a few stickers off at Hastings, but I don't know if they have any left. You could call and ask them. I also sent more merch with Jamie. I sent a few hoodies this time from the last tour.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
dbell154 wrote:
MimbleWimble wrote:

Honestly, they don't really get too hassled anywhere that they go. I don't think it's a big deal for someone to speak to them, or say something to them, as long as the person is polite, and brief.

Also, I dropped a few stickers off at Hastings, but I don't know if they have any left. You could call and ask them. I also sent more merch with Jamie. I sent a few hoodies this time from the last tour.

I'm pretty sure all of the stickers have been picked up. But we do have a lot of shirts to choose from! A lot of the old designs that are hard to find. It was extremely nice of Kim to let us put them in the store to sell!!

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

jamiga wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
dbell154 wrote:
MimbleWimble wrote:

I'm pretty sure all of the stickers have been picked up. But we do have a lot of shirts to choose from! A lot of the old designs that are hard to find. It was extremely nice of Kim to let us put them in the store to sell!!

Sweet, I might have to swing by there Friday, since I am going to be in Tyler anyway.