Laughing City
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Rob3ccd wrote:
Saellys wrote:
mordecai52005 wrote:
people be nicer to the guy, hes obviously not english and grammar professors like everyone else in this fourm

i suck with words

and i think anyone can post whereever they want to

damn fourm sticklers

<3 of course

You know what I hate? When people go off on someone who casually mentions that it's really hard to understand what someone else means when there's no proper punctuation or grammar in a post. I didn't know what the heck Rob3ccd meant with his original post--I went to the front page, did a search for the only mention of Fuse, and assumed that was what he was talking about since there were no other clues.

You don't have to be an English professor or a stickler to make your posts legible, particularly if you're asking a question and you want people to answer it.

And no, anyone can not post wherever they want to. Read the forum guidelines sometime. There's a reason this forum has sections, and Eisley-related threads belong in EisleyBlog. A mod wouldn't have moved this here otherwise.

In short, nobody was being mean, and you are wrong. That is all.

my post was hard to read but im not saying thats mostly the problem i have. im just saying this is a form about eisley and the topic i posted could just be a general question about when fuse was airing the eisley/sundance thing. To me general fits and i hate people posting like WRONG THRED when im just trying to figure something out. the thing is you understood it enough to write wrong thread soooo........(i hate to come off in a mad tone but i just try to get things answered

Like I said, I didn't understand what you were talking about at all. I assumed you were talking about Eisley at Sundance--not because you made that clear in your first post, but because I figured that by home page you meant Eisley.com, did a search for Fuse, and posted based on that since it was the only mention of them on the site. Based on those assumptions and the categories for the different forums (EisleyBlog is "Everything Eisley," General is "Everything Else"), yes, this thread was in the wrong place.

I don't see how there's any grey area on that subject. It was in the wrong place; it happens. We can all move on now, particularly since the question has been answered and this thread will likely be locked soon.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rob3ccd
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
Rob3ccd wrote:
Saellys wrote:
mordecai52005 wrote:
people be nicer to the guy, hes obviously not english and grammar professors like everyone else in this fourm

i suck with words

and i think anyone can post whereever they want to

damn fourm sticklers

<3 of course

You know what I hate? When people go off on someone who casually mentions that it's really hard to understand what someone else means when there's no proper punctuation or grammar in a post. I didn't know what the heck Rob3ccd meant with his original post--I went to the front page, did a search for the only mention of Fuse, and assumed that was what he was talking about since there were no other clues.

You don't have to be an English professor or a stickler to make your posts legible, particularly if you're asking a question and you want people to answer it.

And no, anyone can not post wherever they want to. Read the forum guidelines sometime. There's a reason this forum has sections, and Eisley-related threads belong in EisleyBlog. A mod wouldn't have moved this here otherwise.

In short, nobody was being mean, and you are wrong. That is all.

my post was hard to read but im not saying thats mostly the problem i have. im just saying this is a form about eisley and the topic i posted could just be a general question about when fuse was airing the eisley/sundance thing. To me general fits and i hate people posting like WRONG THRED when im just trying to figure something out. the thing is you understood it enough to write wrong thread soooo........(i hate to come off in a mad tone but i just try to get things answered

Like I said, I didn't understand what you were talking about at all. I assumed you were talking about Eisley at Sundance--not because you made that clear in your first post, but because I figured that by home page you meant Eisley.com, did a search for Fuse, and posted based on that since it was the only mention of them on the site. Based on those assumptions and the categories for the different forums (EisleyBlog is "Everything Eisley," General is "Everything Else"), yes, this thread was in the wrong place.

I don't see how there's any grey area on that subject. It was in the wrong place; it happens. We can all move on now, particularly since the question has been answered and this thread will likely be locked soon.

who are u to judge? people like jamie can judge and move it with out wasting a post like "EISLEY BLOG" or "wrong thread", when im just trying to get a question answered. see my point now. im not gonna fight over what i believe in over a silly forms. just STOP wasting posts. you could of just left it at "ur spelling made it confusing". its like i said that day my computer kept messing words up and not showing the whole page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Alright, the question has been answered, so just forget about it. You're only bringing negative attention to yourself by arguing.
mordecai52005
Sea Post King

STOP FIGHTING ON THE INTERNET, NOBODY WINS AND IT JUST RUINS PEOPLES SURFING

ESPECIALLY ON THE EISLEY FOURM!!!!!

LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND DROP EVERYTHING
<3 LOVE

Rob3ccd
Sea Post King

mordecai52005 wrote:
STOP FIGHTING ON THE INTERNET, NOBODY WINS AND IT JUST RUINS PEOPLES SURFING

ESPECIALLY ON THE EISLEY FOURM!!!!!

LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND DROP EVERYTHING
<3 LOVE

i try <3

i just kept getting emails

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Rob3ccd wrote:
who are u to judge? people like jamie can judge and move it with out wasting a post like "EISLEY BLOG" or "wrong thread", when im just trying to get a question answered. see my point now. im not gonna fight over what i believe in over a silly forms. just STOP wasting posts. you could of just left it at "ur spelling made it confusing". its like i said that day my computer kept messing words up and not showing the whole page

This is the last I'll say on the subject, because this is getting quite tiresome. In case you missed it, I tried to help you by recommending that you check Fuse's listings. I didn't waste any posts or say anything about your spelling making it confusing, but I did defend the person who said that when mordecai came in here, insulted the people who couldn't understand you, called us "damn fourm sticklers," and later told us to love one another and drop it (fine advice coming from the only person who's said anything offensive in this thread). That's where this mess started, and this is where it ends.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Envenomed627
Sea Post King

Well, whoever made the punctuation comment DID come off as very crabby. Re-read it and tell me you honestly blame Rob for thinking they snapped at him. I'm sure they didn't mean it like that, but it happens. People, on a daily basis, say things with the best intentions, and it comes out wrong.. and if it does, well, don't get mad if they take offense and retort. Everyone's acting up over nothing. How many times have I said something, and meant well, maybe even meant to say a compliment, but heard the words of my mouth come out, and I heard myself sound like a pompous jerk? Then I can feel my unborn compliment whirling around in the void? Too many times. It happens. It happens. It happens.

miscommunication and bickering are a part of life, and it happens.. we may just have to learn to live with it. and yes, we may just have to be strong through these tough, trying times, and live with it. I know it sounds hard, but you'll all be ok, I can call an ambulance if you like. I have a 1-800 number you can call.. I have a paper bag you can breath into.

These problems will plague the lands until man can learn to conquer his tongue... but until then. We'll all just have to do the unthinkable and learn to be accepting, and hang out, and listen to eisley, and take life not too seriously.

It's nobody's fault. Really.

Rob, please feel free to pre-meditate your words before spewing them... so they don't come out like a little kid opened up a barrel o monkeys and dumped them on the floor. Oh wow.. Remember those?

(before anyone flames me, I'm rob's friend, I can talk to him like that)

but enough of this. Lets talk about Barrel Of Monkeys.. those things were amazing. Why lock this thread? Lets turn this into the Barrel Of Monkeys Nostalgia Discussion thread. Move it to the proper section of the forums if you like.

boy, I sure did love my barrel of monkeys as a tyke..

Once, back in the day, I had the most intense ladder of Monkeys coming down through my top window, it went down a little lower than my parent's window.. probably my biggest accomplishment to date.
Envenomed627
Sea Post King

OH GOD... remember PIZZA PARTY??

that game was amazing. I feel old now.. I always felt like I could identify the most with the Pepperoni guy. The Green Pepper kinda pisses me off. and I don't trust how giddy the mushroom chick looks. She's up to something if you ask me. Probably something going on between her and the Garlic Dude.

gross
mordecai52005
Sea Post King

Envenomed627 wrote:
Well, whoever made the punctuation comment DID come off as very crabby. Re-read it and tell me you honestly blame Rob for thinking they snapped at him. I'm sure they didn't mean it like that, but it happens. People, on a daily basis, say things with the best intentions, and it comes out wrong.. and if it does, well, don't get mad if they take offense and retort. Everyone's acting up over nothing. How many times have I said something, and meant well, maybe even meant to say a compliment, but heard the words of my mouth come out, and I heard myself sound like a pompous jerk? Then I can feel my unborn compliment whirling around in the void? Too many times. It happens. It happens. It happens.

miscommunication and bickering are a part of life, and it happens.. we may just have to learn to live with it. and yes, we may just have to be strong through these tough, trying times, and live with it. I know it sounds hard, but you'll all be ok, I can call an ambulance if you like. I have a 1-800 number you can call.. I have a paper bag you can breath into.

These problems will plague the lands until man can learn to conquer his tongue... but until then. We'll all just have to do the unthinkable and learn to be accepting, and hang out, and listen to eisley, and take life not too seriously.

Rob, please feel free to pre-meditate your words before spewing them... so they don't come out like a little kid opened up a barrel o monkeys and dumped them on the floor. Oh wow.. Remember those?

(before anyone flames me, I'm rob's friend, I can talk to him like that)

but enough of this. Lets talk about Barrel Of Monkeys.. those things were amazing. Why lock this thread? Lets turn this into the Barrel Of Monkeys Nostalgia Discussion thread. Move it to the proper section of the forums if you like.

boy, I sure did love my barrel of monkeys as a tyke..

Once, back in the day, I had the most intense ladder of Monkeys coming down through my top window, it went down a little lower than my parent's window.. probably my biggest accomplishment to date.

James its nick

haha

youre awesome, good luck with job hunting

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Envenomed627 wrote:

The only people who did anything wrong in this thread were Rob and that mordecai guy, but thanks a ton for riding in on your high horse and patronizing the rest of us.

No, I still don't think Mer's post could reasonably have been interpreted as "snapping" at anyone. Like I said earlier, this forum has rules and guidelines for a reason. When they get broken, or when someone expects a response to an illegible question, it will be pointed out by the general populace if not the mods themselves. It happens to everyone at least once, and they either hate everyone forever or learn to get over it and abide by the rules.

Now, can this thread please die?

Smokemonster
Envenomed627
Sea Post King

HAHA!! Rob broke the rules??

how? which rules?

I'm on a high horse??

You're perception is way off, miss

Maybe its not that my horse is high, maybe you're just riding a pony.
merrymornings
Sea Post King

Envenomed627 wrote:
OH GOD... remember PIZZA PARTY??

that game was amazing. I feel old now.. I always felt like I could identify the most with the Pepperoni guy. The Green Pepper kinda pisses me off. and I don't trust how giddy the mushroom chick looks. She's up to something if you ask me. Probably something going on between her and the Garlic Dude.

gross

I know no one likes this thread but I felt the need to point out that my brain went into memory-flooding-back-overload at that game!!! I liked the pepperoni guy too.
Joined: 16 Feb 2007 | Posts: 241 | Location: Oakville, Canada
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Envenomed627 wrote:
HAHA!! Rob broke the rules??

how? which rules?

This thread was originally posted in the General section. In my original reply I attempted to answer his question and let him know it belonged in EisleyBlog. Eventually a mod came along and very sensibly moved it. Any minute now, one is bound to come along and very sensibly lock it, too. Fingers crossed, anyway.

Envenomed627 wrote:
I'm on a high horse??

You're perception is way off, miss

Maybe its not that my horse is high, maybe you're just riding a pony.

That doesn't even make sense.

Smokemonster
Envenomed627
Sea Post King

I called you stupid. I knew that it would go over your head. A child could have figured that one out. If you need to further question me and my sentence, go ahead, I have all the answers to that very basic, very simple analogy. I can defend it in all ways, from all sides... I'm slick like that

Posting in the wrong thread is not a broken rule. It is a mistake.

and all this time I thought YOU were a mod. You're not? Why do you feel the need to hawk? Why are you unhappy with yourself?
Last edited by Envenomed627 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

What a wonderful way to get a warm welcome to the forum Envenomed627! Insulting one of the most prominent members. Laughing

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>