Laughing City

Who are you most likely going to vote for in the 2008 presidential election?
Barack Obama
37%
 37%  [ 22 ]
Hillary Clinton
20%
 20%  [ 12 ]
Ron Paul
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
John McCain
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
Mitt Romney
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 59

im the sea king
Golly, Poster

BARACK...

please no romney, or huckabee. mccain i could take but no romney or mccain

wait for it

DARY!
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Probably Barack or Ron, I need to research more.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
norad
Vintage Newbie

I'm only going on who's voice I'd rather hear for the next 4 to 8 years. Obama.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
I'm only going on who's voice I'd rather hear for the next 4 to 8 years. Obama.

Luanne Platter Laughing

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Last edited by Pantheon4 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
chichen02

im the sea king wrote:
BARACK...

please no romney, or huckabee. mccain i could take but no romney or mccain

wait..... what? mccain but no mccain?
 |  | 
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

My vote is based off of a completely play-on-name basis.
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Pantheon4 wrote:
Girlylikepixieflamethrow wrote:
ghost in the snow wrote:
i don't understand the ron paul fascination, especially with the younger generation. i disagree with him on almost EVERYTHING.

yes, all my friends want me to vote for Ron Paul..... I don't get it.

God forbid we would want a president that respects the constitution and the taxpayers. Rolling Eyes

All I have to say is:

Quote:
“Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,’ I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal,” Paul said.

Paul also wrote that although “we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers.”

I support Obama. Like someone else said, I don't trust Hillary because she has contradicted herself far too many times in the past.

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Jared x wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
ghost in the snow wrote:
i don't understand the ron paul fascination, especially with the younger generation. i disagree with him on almost EVERYTHING.

God forbid we would want a president that respects the constitution and the taxpayers. Rolling Eyes

All I have to say is:

Quote:
“Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,’ I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal,” Paul said.

Paul also wrote that although “we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers.”

That wasn't really Ron Paul. I saw him respond to it on CNN.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Rb
Sea Post King

I'm 20 and have yet to register, don't really care about it. Now regardless of my political apathy, I do like Ron Paul's motivation to put the power back into the hands of the states rather than relying on a federal government to make its decisions. But he is pretty much impractical to vote for in comparison with the strength of the other candidates.

Oh well.
Joined: 08 Jan 2008 | Posts: 464 | Location: San Francisco, CA
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Pantheon4 wrote:

So he says. I'd deny writing that too if I were him. Either way, it was written and published under his name.

do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

my thoughts on the candidates? do you really want to know? this is the nicest way i can possibly put it: there is only one candidate i could even stand to see in the White House right now, and that's John McCain. John McCain is the only candidate i can look in the eye and really believe, and the only one who i feel has what it takes to really lead this country! i think i might agree more with Ron Paul on the issues, but i don't like or trust him, and i sort of take it for granted that a politician's official stance on the issues is dictated more by politics than anything else!

unfortunately, i wasn't able to vote because i'm registered as an independent and my state has a “closed” primary, but i'm planning on registering as a Republican so that i can vote in the next primary (i might be the worst Republican in the party, but i'd be an even worse Democrat!)
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Jared x wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

So he says. I'd deny writing that too if I were him. Either way, it was written and published under his name.

Oh, so naïve.

Even if he is a racist it doesn't mean that much to me. If you don't vote for someone because they're racist you probably won't vote for anyone. And that DOES include Obama.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Paranoid Android v2.0 wrote:
If I reach my hand into a sack of vipers and pull something out, it's still going to be a viper...

Amen to that. The one that scares me least is Obama, but that don't mean much with this crowd.

I'm not voting today 'cause I have to catch a bus anyway.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Xarisnon
Sea Post King

Pantheon4 wrote:
ghost in the snow wrote:

I don't know I don't really want an anarchist as my president. No matter how you look at it the man is a bit off his rocker. About 70% of what he says is pure Sh**.
Joined: 18 Jul 2007 | Posts: 209 | Location: Philidalphea, PA
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

Pantheon4 wrote:
ghost in the snow wrote:

He may "respect the constitution", but he also:

-wants to ban gay adoptions in dc
-wants to ban family planning funding in us aid abroad (aka sending condoms and such to countries that don't have them to stop aids/std's and unwanted pregnancies)
-wants to abolish the department of education, meaning all public education has to be payed for by the "respected" taxpayers of the state
-voted no on the kyoto protocol, Bush-Cheney national energy policy, and the Bush Administration national energy policy
-is for oil drilling & development in ANWR
-is against implementing a nationwide AMBER alert system for missing kids
-wants to drop out of the un (i know the un doesn't do much, but it's a start)

i'm not a huge fan of any of the candidates, but he really rubs me the wrong way. people are all excited about not having government "run the schools", but that's more complicated than it sounds. he says that "Parents have the right to spend their money on the school or method of schooling they deem appropriate for their children." so a students access to education ought to be directly proportional to how much money their parents have? also, in the same bill that gets rid of the department of education, it says "Prohibits the expenditure of Federal funds to any organization which presents male or female homosexuality as an acceptable alternative life style or which suggest that it can be an acceptable life style." which i really don't agree with.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>