Laughing City
Jared x
Lost at Forum

I just got back from tonight's show.

F-ing amazing, that's all I have to say. I only got there in time to see Eisley -- which is a shame -- but the second everyone came out on stage, I couldn't stop smiling. When they first stepped into their spots, Stacy looked at Sherri and smiled. I knew then it was going to be a good show. She had so much energy from the very start, and she was gorgeous tonight. I kept looking up to where the people from Vedera and the other bands were sitting, and the girl from Vedera was singing along at one point. That made me strangely happy.

Also, a plea: can someone PLEASE get a good recording of I Could Be There For You with that new intro? That intro was amazing. ICBTFY is by far one of my favorite songs of theirs, if not my favorite. And that just adds to it. The new intros to that and One Day I Slowly Floated Away were both amazing. I'd also love to see them re-record Blackened Crown because that was a nice way to end their set. Smile

There were quite a few annoying girls there tonight, and there was this a-hole guy with a camera that pushed in front of me and the guy standing next to me so he could take pictures for a while.. Seriously, learn some manners. I felt bad for the guy next to me because Mr. Paparazzi was totally standing right in front of his face. Other than that, this probably my second favorite show I've seen so far.

plentypine
Sea Post King

I recorded ICBTFY last night with the new intro, not sure if it's a "good" recording though. But youtube is down right now and I can't put it up.
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

yeah, the girl, kristen, from vedera was singing along to all of the songs at the houston show too. i thought that was really cool. apparently they've been wanting to tour with eisley for awhile.
vintage_person
Sea Post King

Jared x wrote:
Also, a plea: can someone PLEASE get a good recording of I Could Be There For You with that new intro? That intro was amazing. ICBTFY is by far one of my favorite songs of theirs, if not my favorite. And that just adds to it. The new intros to that and One Day I Slowly Floated Away were both amazing. I'd also love to see them re-record Blackened Crown because that was a nice way to end their set. Smile

I so completely agree about the new intros, especially for ICBTFY. And a re-recording of Blackened Crown would be sweet. I completely love the original except for when the distortion kicks in. I think it sounds a little too muddy, but I still love that song.

Jared x wrote:
There were quite a few annoying girls there tonight, and there was this a-hole guy with a camera that pushed in front of me and the guy standing next to me so he could take pictures for a while.. Seriously, learn some manners. I felt bad for the guy next to me because Mr. Paparazzi was totally standing right in front of his face. Other than that, this probably my second favorite show I've seen so far.

I wonder if this is the same a-hole guy that rushed in from the side and stood directly in front of me during Eisley's performance in Houston. He stood in front of me (im 5'5") causing me to actually step back like I wasn't there and held his camera up to take pictures. I leaned to the left to look from behind him and he goes left. I lean right to look out from the other side, and he goes right! What a douche-bag! Luckily for me, he swooped in only to take like 2 or 3 pictures then scurried off. From how you describe him, it seems like it could very well be the same guy. Did Boyd hire this guy? Is he a professional photographer?

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I will swoop into places for a few shots (or a few songs) ... but I ASK first, and always try my best to get out of the way. Things are hard enough for photographers without idiots jerking around the place and making everyone mad. Rolling Eyes

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vintage_person
Sea Post King

Yeah, I wouldn't mind that. I know I'd want to swoop in and try to get a perfect shot of one of my favorite bands, but you'd at least ask. This guy not only sent me back-stepping but didn't even acknowledge my standing there...or me altogether for that matter! lol
Jared x
Lost at Forum

He definitely seemed like he was there on someone's authority. He had an Antone's wristband and got up into that little band area up top to take pictures too. I was just a little mad about it because he literally shoved in between us and then stood in front of the other guy.

I am listening to that free Vedera sampler of those two acoustic songs. I wish I could have seen them. Sad

plentypine
Sea Post King

ICBTFY link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxyAAOkRCuY
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

plentypine wrote:

That reminds me of Bjork a lot. It's gorgeous.

Vintage Newbie

plentypine wrote:

That was lovely. It does sound almost like two different songs. I can't understand what she's saying though. Anyone?
Catey
Lost at Forum

That is GORGEOUS.

I am so not jealous of you all getting that glorious intro and floated away. NO.

Edit: in the intro it sounds like she's saying something like "i am in the dark and nobody is near me." yeah and i can't make out the rest.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Thanks for the post!

I'm doing a terrible job of not ruining the show for myself (by watching these videos). It took me two listens, but I really like it! Yeah the first line sounds like what Catey said, but no idea about the rest.

That's awesome/funny that the crowd still throws out cheers when Chauntelle sings. Very Happy I remember when people would clap for the Fender Rhodes when it was brought out during set-up. Miss it or not, I think giving props to an actual person is a bit better. Wink Laughing Very Happy
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

Jared x wrote:

Are you talking about that Asian guy with the big camera who looked a bit like Ando from Heroes? I saw him too. I also hated that people kept pushing me to get by while I was recording.
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:
plentypine wrote:

That reminds me of Bjork a lot. It's gorgeous.

In a way it did for me, too!

I don't know if it's 'cause I'm super emotional today with my dumb ol' panic attacks, but that new intro made me cry. It was so sweet, and so beautiful.
norad
Vintage Newbie

Kylee Janai wrote:
I don't know if it's 'cause I'm super emotional today with my dumb ol' panic attacks, but that new intro made me cry. It was so sweet, and so beautiful.

Baby.

goto page
 | next >>