Laughing City
normal person
Sea Post King

It's been a long time since I've walked out of a show before the headliner. I don't think I'll do it this time either. I'm going to see Eisley, but I've been told NFG puts on a good show, so I'm up for that.

I don't care how deep and meaningful it is, I go to a lot of concerts because I enjoy a lot of music. Sometimes it's fun to just do dumb stuff and enjoy yourself without thinking about the meaning of the song.

Just my opinion, and it won't bother me if people leave after Eisley performs. But I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd was the thinest at the beginning and packed by the end. That's what I've observed in the past at shows like this.

And for what it's worth - I'm one of the over 30 people here, not some little kid.
Burnout Kid
Sea Post King

I'm not a big fan of NFG either but then again, I've only heard some of the songs that they've released as singles, so I don't know about their other stuff.

I would stick around after Eisley and R&FE to see if I liked the actual stage perfomance by NFG. However, my friend and I have decided to leave after the opening acts, but it's only because we'll have to travel 2 hours to get to the concert, and it's on a school night. We could skip school the next day, sure. Most kids my age would. But I've recently missed so much school because of sickness, that I just simply can not afford to miss another day of school.

I know you've made it a point that you absolutely will not stick around to watch NFG, but I think that people should atleast try to give them a chance. They don't have to stick around until the end of the show, but at least watch a few songs and then decide.

I'm sure this has been said before, but I just skimmed through the thread really quick, so forgive me if I'm just playing the broken record here...
Joined: 14 Jun 2004 | Posts: 264 | Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
Soyovar
Sea Post King

Why are power chords so bad to play anyway? It takes just as many fingers to play a C power chord as it does to play a regular C chord. Bad voice leading is the only reason I can think of to use a regular chord rather than a power chord.

Sorry, this is just a pet peeve of mine. If power chords are easier, why not? You're playing the same three notes anyway.

Josh.

Lantz
Vintage Newbie

jdstories wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Vismal brings up a good point.

I know this has been done before, but who would YOU like to see Eisley tour with?

Modest Mouse, BUT they are on completely different labels, so that would be tough to swing.

JD

I completey agree.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
national phenomenon
Golly, Poster

When I first saw Eisley opening for Brand New, I didn't get to meet them or anything since I had a SUPER HOT backstage pass thing with Brand New. In that sense, it's kinda cool when I don't care for the other acts since I can focus on Eisley.

I think seeing the Elected with Eisley was incredible, since they're another one of my favorites. Rilo Kiley, Modest Mouse, the Decemberists, Broken Social Scene, TV on the Radio, Tilly and the Wall....there are lots of other great bands they could tour with.

guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

Soyovar wrote:
Why are power chords so bad to play anyway? It takes just as many fingers to play a C power chord as it does to play a regular C chord. Bad voice leading is the only reason I can think of to use a regular chord rather than a power chord.

Sorry, this is just a pet peeve of mine. If power chords are easier, why not? You're playing the same three notes anyway.

Josh.

No, no you're not. In an open C chord there are 5 notes being played. 6 notes if you include the major third below the root(low E). A power chord actually isn't even a chord. It's the Root, 5th, and Octave of a chord.

Soyovar
Sea Post King

guitarfreak217 wrote:
No, no you're not. In an open C chord there are 5 notes being played. 6 notes if you include the major third below the root(low E). A power chord actually isn't even a chord. It's the Root, 5th, and Octave of a chord.

Sorry, you're right. I realized it right after I posted but was too lazy. Regardless, a good reason hasn't been given on why that is bad.

Josh.

guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

Soyovar wrote:
guitarfreak217 wrote:

Sorry, you're right. I realized it right after I posted but was too lazy. Regardless, a good reason hasn't been given on why that is bad.

Josh.

I never said that power chords are bad. I use them a lot as well. But lately I've been all about the Dave Matthews type chords, which are really cool.

jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

national phenomenon wrote:
the Decemberists, ....there are lots of other great bands they could tour with.

that'd be Amazing. two of my most favorite bands in one room...!!!!

Deliriouskater
Sea Post King

I'd like to see them tour with Mae, Copeland, Ben Folds, Guster, Sanctus Real, joy electric, or Anwar Robinson.
vismal
Sea Post King

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with power chords. Tons of bands use them. Its only bad when thats all you ever use. And it takes 2 fingers to play a c power chord, and 3 to play a c open chord.
eisleyrox05
Sea Post King

drenchedecent wrote:

i think eisley should tour with death cab for cutie.

I agree

Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

This is the worst thread ever Sad
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Retrovertigo wrote:
This is the worst thread ever :(

You must've missed that Ashlee Simpson thread a while back.

JD

Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

Oh, I think I read some of that...I'm just not very interested in Ashlee. Maybe it was worse. I know I'd been dying to have a moment to log on here for at least a day now and it made me sort of sad to finally do so and see that meanies have finally arrived. Talk about your run-on sentences.