Laughing City
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

Catey wrote:
The Snowman was released in 1982 so it's been on in the UK for 29, nearly 30 years (not sure if it has been shown EVERY year, I'm only 22!) so I'm sure it must have been in the USA for quite a few years too if Chauntelle knows it. Watch it if you haven't really beautiful - the snowmen still scare me.

I used to watch it all the time when I was younger with my family! What a great movie! We had it in picture book form as well.
dangerous
Sea Post King

Ohai guys, which DuPree Mister is that singing them vocals? Laughing

I have to listen closely quite a bit to hear who sings the harmonies sometimes.

mikeyfridgebuzz
Sea Post King

Jon Crosby from the band VAST wrote "One more day with you" and had Chantelle sing on it.

Hence why it is on the VAST album with Jon singing and the credits list him as the songwriter.
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

mikeyfridgebuzz wrote:
Jon Crosby from the band VAST wrote "One more day with you" and had Chantelle sing on it.

Hence why it is on the VAST album with Jon singing and the credits list him as the songwriter.

IIRC the song was borne out of a songwriter/musician retreat at the Hanson ranch

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

mister_joseph wrote:
mikeyfridgebuzz wrote:

IIRC the song was borne out of a songwriter/musician retreat at the Hanson ranch

Yup, Zac Hanson also had songwriting cred on the original version, and Chauntelle had input as well. It was written and recorded at the Fool's Banquet, a collaborative retreat hosted by the Hansons, to which Eisley and Crosby were invited. I'm sure the whole thing was pretty informal and the stuff produced at that retreat was not properly copyrighted/registered with ASCAP or some such, so Jon probably just asked nicely to re-record it.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address